*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015137-A-Walk-in-the-Woods
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2015137
Sam and Nor take a walk in the woods that doesn't end well.
Sam and I were walking through the woods one day, enjoying the cool fall breeze that turned our cheeks bright pink and created little twisters of leaves in the air. We walked until we reached the other side of the woods and stepped out onto the rocky ground over Miller’s Cliff. Sam led the way to the edge of the cliff where we both sat down to watch the now setting sun.

When the sun had finally set, we got up to leave. Just as I was going to take a step back into the woods, Sam’s arm shot out and held me back. “What’s that behind the tree?” he asked, shining his flashlight on a big oak tree.

“I don’t see anything,” I said. “It’s probably just the shadows.”

“I swear to God I saw something, Nor,” he said, “and it wasn’t just a shadow.”

As he said this I heard a grunt coming from the direction of the tree, and our flashlights both shot up. “Go check it out, Sam.”

“Why don’t you check it out?”

“Because you’re the guy.” So he went, hesitantly, to the tree. Shining his flashlight on the trunk, he took a few slow steps and jumped behind it, hoping to scare whatever was there.

He came back laughing. “There was nothin-” He didn’t even finish his sentence before a dark figure pounced on him from the top branches of the tree. I dropped my flashlight and screamed, turning to run but the dark figure ran with lighting speed and stood in front of me, blocking my path.

“Who are you? What do you want?” I asked, panicking.

“I want your blood,” it said in a growling voice before it jumped on me, tearing at my skin and biting my neck.
© Copyright 2014 CoffeeCoffeeCoffee (t_sizzle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015137-A-Walk-in-the-Woods