*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026760-Chapter-2---Black-cat-by-her-side
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2026760
..........
-Chapter 2
Black cat by her side


         The mist had faded.
         Tess realized where she was now, she was back on her path home, alone. Out of habit, Tess walked home. Home would be the best place to figure all this out.
         The sky seemed dark and cloudy, there was mist covering her path.
         Tess could have sworn the sky was clear just a few minutes ago, she was never so confused in her life.
         Finally, Tess had reached her house. Something in the atmosphere was telling her she should not go inside, but she did not care about this. She was determined to go to her room and take a nice long nap.
         Tess reached for the doorknob and turned it carefully, then stepping inside she threw her backpack on the floor casually in shock. There were two figures standing in front of her. Her mother and her father.
"M-mother, F-father," she stammered.
"Yes," said her mother
         "Wait, what's going on, I don't understand... You two divorced three years ago... Are you suddenly getting back together, no, this can't me, what's wrong with me,"
"Maybe you're just tiered, Sweetie," said her father.
"Perhaps just a long day of school is making you feel like this," said her mother.
"This... This can't be! Something's wrong! Mother, you're with another man, and Father, you, you are with a woman far, far out of state..."
"What are you talking about," said her father, "My heart belongs with your mother."
         What has happened... This has to be a dream, this is may freaky! Tess pushed the strange people out of her way as she ran to her bed room. When she had got there, some thing terrible had happened. Tess gasped is horror. Her entire room had changed, it had toys all over the floor, the walls were pink, all of her furniture was white with princess stickers all over.
         Tess passed out and fell onto her bed.

         The next morning, Tess woke up, her mother was opening her curtains and singing with the birds. Tess had just realized she had not woken up once after passing out. She jumped up gasping, she had remembered how much homework she had not done, and it was nine 'o' clock, she was late for school.
         "What's wrong, Darling," asked her mother.
         "I'm late for school and I haven't finished any of my homework!"
         Thats when her father came into her room carrying he backpack. "Alright, Sweety, all your homework is finished" he said proudly.
         "Father! That was my homework," she shouted angrily.
"Yes, I know, and I have finished it for you."
         Tess snatched her backpack from her father, put it over her shoulder and ran out of her room. "I can't believe I'm late!"
         "Never mind that! Your teachers like you so much they won't mind, dear girl!"
         For a second, Tess thought her father had spoken to her- but no- it was someone else, someone she could not see. All she knew was; it was a familiar male voice, and she knew he must have been some one she hated. But who was he?

         When Tess left her house she began to school, because of course, she had missed the bus.
         No, she hadn't missed the bus, it was right there. But she was late to school, the bus could not have just came for her, would not.
The bus door opened. "Well, come on, your teachers and friends are waiting for you," said the driver.
         Tess stepped onto the bus, confused, but somewhat grateful. Today she did not want to walk to school, if she did she would probably get lost, she had far too much on her mind. Tess had now noticed something as she was walking to her usual seat in the back; there where no kids on the bus, she was completely alone.
         "All set," asked the driver.
Tess wanted to reply, but she could not find it in her voice, she tried to speak, but nothing came out. Tess was speechless.
The bus driver mist have read her mind. "I see, you don't feel like talking, we'll anyways, I'll take that as a yes." He hit the gas and started driving towards Tess' school.

         When Tess arrived at school that day, it was very quiet. Everyone must of been in the classrooms.
         Tess got off the bus and walked into the building, she headed to her first class, math, to collect her missing work. When she got there, she figured out she had not missed much. The class had waited about two hours for her before it started. Tess waked over to her teach and asked; "What's going on?"
         The teacher told her they had been waiting for her specifically for her. She was the best student in the class and everyone loved her. He also told her she had asked a silly question but it was still a brilliant one.
         At lunch, all the kids wanted to sit with Tess. It was as if she had become popular all of the sudden- no- not that- it was like she had controlled everything that day. Tess was very worried. What has happened? Why is all this happening?
         "I can't live like this!" Tess shouted angrily to the sky.
No one looked at her at all, they remained silent.
         Tess quickly got up from her table and ran out of the school. She didn't care if she got a detention or not, she needed to be alone!
Tess ran and ran until she reached the dirt path way home. She had stopped. She stood for a long time trying to catch her breath.
         "Some one... Please... Help me..." breathed Tess. She was now afraid and felt nothing close to safe. Something had changed, something had happened. Tess could not remember what it was, but knew deep inside; something had happened before all of this.
         Tess could not stand here any longer, the ran into the trees, pushing past anything in her way. She stopped. She had reached her final destination.

Tess dropped to her knees in front of a huge lake, it was as blue as the sky. She looked into the water. "What has happened?" she asked. Of course she knew no one would answer, that was just not possible. Tess looked up at the clouds, allowing the wind to blow through her long hair.
"Oh! Don't give me that," it was the same voice she had heard earlier, but who was it?
         "G- Give? I haven't given you anything, have I?" Tessa asked. She made believe she was sleeping, this was all a dream. So why not talk to the stranger?
         "I don't mean it in that way," said the voice sounding offended. "I just hate seeing young girls cry! I can't stand it!" he said. Tess thought he was serious about this until he let out a long loud laugh.
         "What do you want?" she asked.
"I don't want anything, just carry about your business."
"Where are you?"
"Where ever I can see your lovely face best."
"Don't give me that! Just show me what you look like!"
"All in good time, Missy!"
The stranger had certainly got on Tess's nerves. "I hate you!" she shouted.
"Be careful!" the stranger's voice had faded.

© Copyright 2015 Rosemarie J. McKenzie (damein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026760-Chapter-2---Black-cat-by-her-side