*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026725-Strange-Evil-Chapter-1--Shoelaces-Untied
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2026725
..........
-Chapter 1
Shoelaces Untied


         She had light-black eyes and long brown hair. In her hair was one braid in the back. She was a girl of age sixteen, she was at the age of not believing, she had no friends- which was perfectly fine, for she enjoyed her alone time -she disliked reading because she had no imagination and it bored her, she hated anything artistic and she hated school. There was not much this girl liked, sometimes, when she was in a bad mood, she would write a short poem describing her feelings and then stash it away somewhere she would not go for at least a few months.
         Her bedroom was dark, she never opened her long blue curtains. Her full bed was covered with blue sheets that matched the curtains, she had a dark wood desk and dark wood chair pushed under it- that was her study.
         Her room was not much bigger than most children's' bedrooms, it only seemed big because there was not much she had inside, after all, she did not like much.
Her name was Tess, Tess Avery.
Tess had just woken up and she was already angry at the long day that lay ahead. Ugh! Another day of school! I hope all the kids there just drop dead when I arrive.. thought Tess as she slipped out of bed.

         When Tess was ready to leave she opened the front door of her house, not even looking back to say goodbye to her mother (her parents were divorced- which was part of the reason she was such a miserable girl), walked down the drive way, and then entered the school bus.
As she stepped in she heard kids shouting at one another, laughing, and just messing around. There was this one kid that was standing in her way, he was not much smaller than her.
Tess shoved him out of her way and onto his friends' laps.
         "Hey!" he had shouted.
"You shouldn't have been standing in my way," she mumbled as she fixed her purple, hooded jacket the way she liked it. She zipped it up and then pulled the hood over her eyes. As she walked over to the seat in the back she shoved her hands into the pockets of her black pants. Her pants were baggy and loose, unlike the rest of the girls at her schools', they wore jeans, and had them on one size too small- they were so tight- which disgusted Tess. Who would do that?! she would often wonder.

         When Tess arrived at her school she went straight to her first class, math.
This class bored her. Tess was very smart and understood her assignments, nothing in math was ever hard for her. Tess was a Straight-A-student. Which she thought was bad. She thought only nerds and geeks could be straight-A-students and did not understand why no one else agreed. Most of the people who attempted to be her friend were impressed with her.
After the teachers' lecture he walked over to Tess. "Miss Avery, would you mind handing these worksheets out for me?" he asked.
         "Sure," mumbled Tess taking the stack of papers.
Tess began handing out the worksheets, most of the kids that took the papers from her gave her a rotten look.
         When Tess was finished doing as her teacher told her, she sat down at her desk and began answering the questions on her own worksheet.

         Well, soon Tess's day of school was over.
         Tess walked out of the school building and began walking home. She did not wish to take the bus today because it might cause her a bit of trouble. Tess was in a dangerously bad mood and the next person to mess with her would surly end up in the hospital.
         What had actually sparked her anger was one girl that had pronounced her name wrong, when Tess had yelled at her and corrected her the girl had started saying things like "I don't care, baby," and "But still, who cares, I know I don't".
         Tess was also mad when the same girl had copied off of Tess.
As Tess walked down the dirt path in the forest she used as a private way to get home, she heard something run though the thick bushes.
         This was very unusual, Tess' road home was always quiet. There were no creatures running around ever and anyone who followed her was bound to get it.
         Tess walked over to the bush. She could not see past it so she walked though it. She did not expect this, but behind the bushes was nothing. Tess felt herself falling down a steep hill, luckily it was dirt and not rock.
When Tess had made it to the bottom she had got up and dusted herself off a bit. She did not even bother to check for bruises because any would not matter to her. She turned and looked up the hill she had fallen down. It was a long way back up, but she was sure she could manage the climb.
Shhhhhhhh...
         There it was again! The bushes above were moving. Like a blur, before Tess could blink, two figures came jumping out of the tall bushes. They seemed to know there was a hill because they did not fall, they landed in front of Tess- on their feet. They stepped closer to her revealing themselves.
One seemed to be a twelve year-old girl, she was only a little smaller then Tess, about up to her shoulders. She had green eyes and long ink-black hair with a single strand that happened to be blond. This was very strange; the little girl had four thin chains in her hair that hung down to her knees. She wore mostly black, a black sweater, black pants, a black mini-skirt, and black boots that looked like they where somewhat heavy. The only non-black thing on her was the necklace she wore, it was a purple stone in the shape of a moon.
         The other one was the first thing that had terrified Tess in years. He was much taller than her, much taller. He was way older than the girl he was with, he looked around the age of twenty-three. He had mysterious sea-green eyes, long pale-blond and pale-brown hair, and what was strange about him was the black mark under his left eye that looked like a bat wing. He wore a long black cape, he looked like he could have lived in the medieval time period. He had silver and black armor over his shoulders and on his chest. Under the armor he wore a black coat that went down to a little above his knees with a black belt around it. He wore black gloves black pants and black thigh-high boots that looked as heavy as the little girl's boots.
"So, this is the girl...?" he mumbled looking away from her as if he could not have a care in the world about anything.
         "Yes," said the little girl confidently.
Tess backed away, she could not take her eyes off of the man. "          Who are you and what do you want?" she said.
The younger girl was the first to answer. "We have been watching you for quite some time, you seem to not really enjoy anything about your life."
         "So, you two are stalkers then?" she said angrily.
"No. Our job is to make you happy and put you in a new world where everything is perfect."
         "Oh, I see... You two are playing pretend then?"
The two strangers looked at each other and started laughing then quickly turned back to Tess, looking quite angry. "No," they both said.
"Do you need proof?" the girl said.
Tess was already walking away from them.
"Let's show her..." the man said in a quite voice.
"Alright, let's."
         Their surroundings became blank, there was no telling what was the ceiling, what was the walls, and what was the floor.
         The two strangers seemed to fade like mist, Tess was now a lone.
Tess looked around, as the did she felt as if something had been forgotten. She had not remembered who sent her here and what had happened. She thought perhaps she had fallen asleep in class although this felt too real for a dream...


© Copyright 2015 Rosemarie J. McKenzie (damein at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026725-Strange-Evil-Chapter-1--Shoelaces-Untied