*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028529-Do-You-Want-to-Know-a-Secret
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2028529
A little quip about friends
Do you want to know a secret?



That, that is how this all started out. I couldn't believe the words coming from his mouth. But the real question became did I want to know. You see I had learned a long time ago that I shouldn't ask questions I wasn't ready to know the answer too. I had learned this the hard way on more than one account you see. I come from the school of hard knocks and well after the fifth or so time I got an answer I wasn't ready for I finally learned to stop asking. So here I was in this situation with my best friend, a little gleam in his eye as he asks "Do you want to know a secret?"



No granted I would help this boy hide a body if that is what his secret was, but was I really ready to know this information. There are so many things that this could be. I looked at him a moment longer just to try and get a sense of where this rabbit hole might be leading me before taking a deep breath sighing and burying my face in my hands before quietly replying "Sure."



I slowly peaked through my fingers as I waited for his reply. The grin on his face worried me yet gave me a small sense of security. "I'm still hungry"



I bolted up. "Really that's your secret?"



I was shocked and a little upset but I guess it was fair game I had told him this many times before as a secret of my own. So I quickly replied "So you want to know a secret?"



"You too?" Assuming I was still hungry.



"Nope. I don't want to build a snow man."
© Copyright 2015 Elizabeth Ravenswood (e.ravenswood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028529-Do-You-Want-to-Know-a-Secret