*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043230-Ann-Snow
Rated: E · Fiction · Supernatural · #2043230
Ann Snow just wants to be apart of something. Soon she will be.
Ann Snow

Ann looked at the group of girls. She was sure she did not know any of them. She knew very few girls here. This could be the best thing for her right now. She had a chance to be part of a group; a chance to fit in. She needed to be still. But it was hard.
“Okay, this is what you have to do. It will not be said more than one time. There are six of you and four flags. Four of you will make it, two will not. You come back with a flag you are in. No flag, well that means you’re out. My name is Bay. I rule. What I say is law.” All this came from a blond in a cool pair of shoes I would kill for.
“Name?!” says Bay to the first girl.
“Meg”, says the girl.
This went on till Bay got to me.
“Name?!” asked Bay.
“Ann”, I say with my head held high.
“So plain”, Bay says with a sneer.
I felt small.
Bay says with a grin, “There are no rules. There are four flags. Find them. These are your maps. You will need them. You have three hours. Well move!”
Do not stop! It was all Ann could think. She had to keep at it. That flag was here she just knew it. She would find it. Come hell or high water.
DEAD END the sign read. Oh crap! Ann stopped to look round. Where did she go wrong? She did not have time to go back. Did she?
Ann stopped and sat down she was tired. She knew that if she did not get up and start to move soon time would run out. She knew it was just a group. That was not true it was the group. And they wanted her. Ann Snow. They were cool and all of them were so pretty. They were top notch. She was not. Soon she would be too.
Ann stood, looked at her map, then turned and went back the way she came. She knew they did not think she would make it. Well they did not know Ann Snow. She would not quit. Not now not ever. “I will not give up. So bite on that”, Ann screamed.
She looked at the map one more time and knew what she had done wrong. She went right but she should have gone left. As she ran she saw the flag at the top of a ten foot brick wall.
“Oh, how cute is that”, Ann said with a smirk.
There are six of you and four flags. Four will make it, two will not; Bays words rang in her head. “What a piece of work” Ann said. Then thought I will make it.
Ann looked from side to side. She had to be sure there was no one else there. She could not get caught. When Ann was sure no one was there she took a few steps back, jumped then she flew. Yes! Ann Snow flew. She had been able to for a long time but no one knew. And if she had her way no one ever would. Ann thought she could not; would not be the odd girl not this time. Once on top of the wall she took the flag and tied it to her belt. She stood on top of the wall. She could see so much from here. It was great.
Then she saw the clock. She did not have a lot of time to get back. There were a lot of trees. Ann could use them to hide. She had to get back and on time. So she flew using the trees as cover. Ann slowed down. She had to be sure she was not seen. When she was a few blocks from the finish line she dropped to the ground and started to run.
Bay and the rest of the girls were there.
“Well, you made it back. Took your time did you?” asked Bay.
“Time for show and tell, let us see who has and who does not.” This came from a tall girl with hair the color of good red wine. I did not want to be on her bad side.
“Who’s first”, ask Bay.
Meg steps up and shows her flag.
“Step to the right”, says Bay. Meg does.
A small dark haired girl steps up and shows her flag.
“To the right”, says Bay.
Sue steps up next and hands Bay her flag then moved to the right.
“One more?” says red head. She knows no one should have been able to get to the flag on the wall.
I take one step then one more. I take the flag from my belt and hold it out. They all look at me as if I’ve grown horns. Bay takes the flag from my hand. Then ask, “How did you get this. It was at the top of a brick wall. Did you have help?
I look from Bay to the red head and smiled. “Climbed the wall and got it down”, I said.
“There is no way”, says red head. “She couldn’t have. You had to have cheated.”
Bay smiled, “I did not think it would be you”, she said.
She turned to look at the red head saying, “I keep my word. There are six girls and four flags; four girls in two girls out. I rule. What I say is law.”
“Well Ann Snow, welcome.”, said Bay.
Ann smiled. Now her life could start. The past was now over. She was in. She was now top notch.
© Copyright 2015 Ms. Mischelle (ms.mischelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043230-Ann-Snow