*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043509-Our-Fathers-Son
Rated: E · Fiction · Emotional · #2043509
A sister try's to bring to brothers together.
Our Father’s Son

         “Where were you last night?” This is the question that Methos asked as I entered the front door. He was standing at the bottom of the steps; there was an empty plate and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew sitting on the floor at his feet. It let me know that he had been sitting there a while; Methos would never take food into his bed room. “Well do I have to ask again, where were you last night”, Methos asked. The problem was if I told him where I’d been then he’d be even more upset than he was now. I could lie, not that I’m very good at it; he always seems to know so that may not work. I could just not answer him at all, yeah that’s what I’ll do just ignore the question and go to my room. I eased past him and beat it to my room. On my way up the stairs I heard Methos call after me, “Ocean, this conversation is not over. Do you hear me”?
         Methos was pissed. He knew exactly where Ocean had been. She’d gone to see Sasha. He’d told her time and again to stay away from him. However, all he ever got from her is he’s our brother. Methos did not care. He wanted Sasha to stay away. The long and short of it is that he didn’t trust the guy. Okay, he was also pissed that their father had left them for Sasha’s mother. He knew that he should be a grown up about but it was hard. Every time he looked at him he felt nothing but resentment and anger. Ocean on the other hand just wanted to know him better. She loved to say it’s not his fault he was just a baby. I hated her when she took up for him. I told her so one day. I said it out loud “I hate you when you take up for him”. I saw the tears in her eyes it broke my heart.
         Methos was gone later that morning when I went to his room. In a way I was glad; there was no doubt that he knew where I’d been the night before. I didn’t like feeling as if I was deceiving my bother but the fact was we did have another brother. Sasha did not ask to put in the position he was in. Our father did what he did and there was nothing any of us could do about it. All of our parents were gone now and that meant Sasha was alone. Methos and I were all he had left. I spent the rest of the morning thinking about what I should do about Methos and Sasha I knew there was no easy answer to my question but I had to come up with something. Sasha and Methos had never sat down and talked face to face and I thought it was about time for that to happen.
         I called Sasha and invited him to dinner. I of course did not tell Methos what I’d done, no need to upset him and cause and argument. I left the house and went to the grocery store. I knew the exact meal to make; fried chicken, pinto beans, macaroni and cheese and cookie pudding for dessert. Once I returned home I started to prepare our dinner.
         Sasha showed at the time we’d agreed on. I needed him at the house before Methos so he wouldn’t get scared and not come in. I knew Methos wouldn’t be home for at least forty-five minutes so I sat Sasha down and showed him some of our family photos. Some had our dad in them before he’d left; others were after he’d gone. I heard the front door open I knew it had to be Methos. I stood up taking a deep breath and preparing for his wrath. But what happened was not at all what I expected, Methos looked at us both and without a word he walked over to Sasha and gave him a hug. Maybe this won’t end badly after all.
© Copyright 2015 Ms. Mischelle (ms.mischelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043509-Our-Fathers-Son