*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077238-The-Life-Of-An-Introvert-chp3
Rated: E · Chapter · Friendship · #2077238
It's a story about an introvert trying to find her place in the society.
Chapter 3:


But I can wait all of eternity to,Rachel thought. The last thing she wanted to do was to be in a group project, whose members thought you were a psycho and a geek. She had already made things awkward with them.

"Sometimes, I can't believe just how much our luck sucks." Jared said.

Fiona rolled her eyes. "You could be nice to her. She's just..."

"Psychotic? Mentally disturbed?" Jared offered.

"Oh Jared! Don't be so rude. She's just an introvert and has problems communicating. Try to understand that, will you?"

Jared only snorted in reply.

Rachel pulled herself to the cafeteria, to the bench where they had decided to meet. She tried to smile wide the way Elizabeth did, but she knew she was no good at faking things.

Fiona looked up from her lunch, as she saw Rachel approach, and smiled brightly, tapping a place right next to her. Rachel sat. Awkward silence again.

"So Greek Gods..." Fiona said. God bless her for interrupting these awkward silences, Rachel thought.

Rachel wanted to be nice to Fiona, to be cheerful all the time the way she was. Something in her made her want to be good to her, to stop the awkwardness, so she opened her mouth to speak, but then she saw Fiona's beautiful eyes on her, Jared deep blue stare and she closed her mouth immediately. What if I say something which is not good enough? She thought.

Jared shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Yeah, Greek gods. Let's start with the Big Three, shall we?"

"Yeah, Okay." Fiona replied encouragingly. Then she turned towards Rachel. "So do you know something about any of them?"

"Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. Those are the big three, right?" Rachel said.

That made Fiona stand up from her seat and start clapping enthusiastically, screaming "YAAY RACHEL!" like she had just climbed Mount Everest. Jared gave her a wide, toothy smile. The two of them made Rachel feel like a kid. Like she had some sort of abnormality. Is that what everyone thinks of me then, that I'm abnormal? Rachel thought. Tears burned behind her eyelids and she pushed past Fiona and ran straight for the girl's restroom. The last thing she remembered looking at was Jared's horrified face, like he had just seen someone murderer President Obama and Fiona screaming, "Rachel! Wait!"
© Copyright 2016 shadowhunter (shadowhunter80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077238-The-Life-Of-An-Introvert-chp3