*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077268-Life-of-an-introvert-chp4
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Friendship · #2077268
story about an introvert trying to find her place in the society
God! I'm such an idiot, were Rachel's first thoughts when she entered the restroom. All Fiona and Jared were trying to do was be nice to her, but Rachel just couldn't stop making things awkward. She called Cecilia, who picked up on the second ring.

"Rachel, sup?"

"Hi."

"Are you crying?"

"Yeah."

"Boy trouble?"

"Yes. No. I mean, yes it involves a boy but no, not in that sense."

"Where are you now?"

"Girl's restroom."

"Shit Rachel! Is it that serious?'

"Yeah."

"What happened, then?"

So Rachel told and Cecilia listened, but as she said her last line "Then I ran away crying" Rachel realized that Cecilia had already hung up. Selfish bitch, Rachel thought.

Rachel stayed in the restroom playing Flappy bird on her phone till was school was over, because she couldn't even picture facing the two siblings again.

However, when she opened the door to leave the restroom, she found Fiona and Jared standing right at the entrance. Their eyes met. Rachel moved to go back inside but Fiona had caught hold of her hand and pulled her to herself.

"Let me go!" Rachel yelled.

"Just listen to me Rachel. Please." Fiona pleaded.

"What?"

"Look, sweetheart, we need to work on that project. This way we'll never get anywhere. We wasted today too."

"And it's all my fault, right?" Tears stung Rachel's eyes.

"I never said that."

"But you think that way, don't you?"

"Friends don't think like that about each other."

"I know what frie-wait? We're friends?"

Jared spoke this time," Yes and which is why we are inviting you to our house for dinner."

"What?" both the girls said in unison.

"You heard me."

"I'm not coming." Rachel said sternly.

"Just once, Rachel. Please. Just once!" Jared pleaded and then he made an adorable puppy dog face and just thinking of saying no to that would've brought tears to Rachel's eyes.

"Fine. Once." She said.

Fiona hugged Rachel so tight, it knocked the breath right out of her and Jared punched the air, jumping up and down, screaming "SHE AGREES!". Rachel couldn't help but smile.
© Copyright 2016 shadowhunter (shadowhunter80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077268-Life-of-an-introvert-chp4