*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130300-Secret-meeting
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2130300
Things just don't go according to plan!
“Great work Sergeant. It is having men like you that guarantees me…” He places an encouraging hand on Frisken’s shoulder. “It highlights our victory in the upcoming skirmish. I see a positive future with you Sergeant.” The Commander says authoritatively adjusting his aviators with the end of his thumb.
“Thank you, sir.” He beams at the compliment. “I am loving your glasses sir, but you left the tag on.”
“Never mind them, go over the battle plans with me again.” He instructs and leans on the table observing the map layout.
“It’s simple. Two marine battalions will hit the beach here and here. They will then fork off and pincer the enemy here. They won’t see us coming.” He says delighted.
The door to the office swings open and a man enters the room.
“Ok Sergeant, time to commence the secre… Frisken! What is the meaning of this!” the newly arrived commander spits. “Are you sharing secrets with the enemy!”
“What. Who me? No…” Frisken said stunned. He jolts his head between the two identical commanders. “Are you a spy?
The new commander is bewildered. “A Spy...” he exhales and says, pointing. This imposter Frisken is wearing aviators? I hate aviators!”
“That’s news to me.” Frisken turns and says. “I think they look dashing on you sir.”
“He has a thumb! I don’t even have a thumb!”
“Why don’t you have a thumb for? Smells like a spy to me.”
“What… Spy! You shot it off Sergeant at boot camp remember!”
“Well… You know if you weren’t always so mean to me all the time, I might actually believe you.”
“This commander is nice, and he says I have a future. And a positive one at that…”
The man with the aviators has had enough. “Oh man seriously!, I’m out…sheesh.”
© Copyright 2017 NipponFury (nipponfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130300-Secret-meeting