*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144701-Spin-again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by bas
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2144701
A DJ returns after a tragedy
"Pump it up man" Nikhil heard someone shout from the crowd. The day was coming to an end, so was the year. The crowd high on alcohol and Adrenalin were boucning in syn with the beats Nikhil was spinning.
"Love your beats" a girl climbed on the console table evading the security and hugged Nikhil, who just nodded and allowed the security to escort her down.
His hand picked the next disc, the one he had prepared for the countdown nand loaded it as he watched the security escort her down.

"Dont get swayed in their craze" Sharath had shouted from behind three years back. But Nikhil was enjoying the love or what he thought was love too much as he asked security to step back and allow the crowd on.
"Dammit Nikhil don't...."
"Shut up Sharath, loosen up and enjoy" Nikhil had shouted over the music as he pulled on the girls close and asked her to climb up on the table.
Was it the drunk crowd on the stage or the bad wiring on the stage or both, which caused the fire resulting in loss of five lives including that of Sharath, Nikhil could ever figure out.
It had taken him four years of constant counseling and a lot of support from his family to get him back behind the console.

The countdown behind on the huge screen hit Zero as the crowd erupted into the cheer "Happy new year". Nikhil closed his eyes as his eyes raised the volume, his heart cried out louder "Forgive me Sharath"
© Copyright 2018 bas (ba_satish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144701-Spin-again