*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145004-Fiddlers-Green
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2145004
Live your dreams - but be careful.
Last night I went to Fiddler’s Green again. This time the world was a galactic empire and I was a hero, fighting a dark menace. As the years went by, I became a benevolent emperor, married the most beautiful women in the universe, and died at the age of 165. When I came back this morning I had almost forgot who I am here. Thank God I have my notes. They say I work at JAR Industries and my wife's name is Isolda. She doesn’t like me going to Fiddler’s Green. She knows I have a lot of women there and that I love them more than I love her.
This was my fourth visit to Fiddler’s green. They tell me the fifth will be my final one, the one in which I stay forever, for thousands of years. Goodbye, boring life, I say. Goodbye Isolda. I know what to think about when I take the pill; riches, adventures, beautiful people. I’ll think about never being sick, never being angry, never being sad.

She must have put something in the jar, my cloudberry jam jar, some halucinogene that opened the doors to hell. I took the pill before the drug began to work, but when I came to Fiddler’s Green, it was full of monsters. They hunted me up a tree - and then the flying tentacles came. I want to go back to the real world but I know that is impossible. I have to stay here for thousands of years. The old world will be forgotten, only the monsters will be real.
© Copyright 2018 slegyras (slegyras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145004-Fiddlers-Green