*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149121-No-Escape
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2149121
There is still hope, never give up!
I have to get out. I think leaning against the wall holding my stomach in pain. I look frantically around to see if I was still alone. No one. I exhaled in relief. I look into a mirror hanging opposite side of me. My face is of glass, at any moment I will shatter, this time I have no second chance, this time it will be the end. I wipe the sweat off my face. I can do this, I tell my reflection. There was no reply, apart from the look of lost hope and utter defeat. Not like this, I plead as I begin to visualize my life as it were, and what it could have been. I hold on and regain composure, gathering the last willpower I have left in me and with the last of my strength I push myself off the wall dragging my heavy body down the hall. It has to to be around here, my vision begins to blur as I look around desperately for a sign. Something. Anything. Just let me get out! There it was, through tunnel vision a familiar arrow points in a direction that will save my life, a direction of sanctuary. "I ... can't ...last ... much longer." I manage to breathe as I again use the walls to help me stay up. I arrive. Just. Hope floods through me, a second chance. I slam open the door to make my escape but stand locked in place instead. I could have almost cried. Several faces with the look of horror turned to face my own. I was not alone. "Please..." I begin to beg. "Sorry, but this is the end of the line." one of the faces spoke. "Some Kid blocked all the toilets, there is a five-minute wait."
© Copyright 2018 NipponFury (nipponfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149121-No-Escape