*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151351-October-10-3010
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing · #2151351
Assignment from Take Ten For Writers by Bonnie Neubauer I chose the number 7
Made it fine. Will make contact again soon. All alone.

..

After a long intergalactic flight, I have landed on the first planet of my megalightyear mission, the small, green planet of Urp. Due to the monsoon-like winds, I have come to realize that the alien race that told us of this planet did not translate it appropriately from their language to ours. I believe that they intended to tell us the planet’s name is Burp. I am miserable and I intend, in this safe place, to voice my true discontent. This mission was never meant to be mine. Abigail Luster, the daughter of the president of Earth XVII, had decided that she was in love with my fiancée, Edgar, and so she had me sent off on a mission that will leave me away from him and any hopes of marriage, for the remainder of my life. This planet and its harsh environment has done nothing to bolster my spirits, and so I sit here, in the capsule that was sent to the surface, waiting for the rover to return with information on the planet.

One thing that always puzzled me about this mission is the fact that they would send me alone, completely alone, without another living being to keep me sane. I believe they expect me to die. I will surprise them by succeeding, gathering data, and bringing back the best report any could ever concoct on such a pointless and fruitless mission as this is. I wonder what

I am shaking so bad! There was a sudden noise as I worked on this entry and when I turned toward it, there was Edgar! He had slipped onto the ship before the launch. Abigail has lost! I have won. Though, I will destroy this journal entry, as I have all the others, and so none will be the wiser. Now, Edgar and I will journey through space together forever. My sorrow and loneliness is gone at last!

October 10, 3010, Commander of StarBlaze, Ebony DuLoc, at planet one, URP
© Copyright 2018 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2151351-October-10-3010