*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154217-Education
Rated: E · Short Story · Educational · #2154217
Short Speech on my views and opinions on education...
What is education?

Education can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. But what does it mean to me?

Education is not about what school you go to, or how much you can learn in a day. Life in itself is a lesson, where everyday people make mistakes. Whether it is a silly mistake like spilling sugar on the floor, or getting caught up in the wrong things. You don't have to get something straight away in order to have a 'good education'. Let's look back on the point of spilling the sugar. We clean it up. We try again, and even if we don't get it again the second time we keep going until eventually we get it.

School... Just because i said it is not about what school you go to, doesn't mean it is still not significant. School is still a solid form of education. As much as we can emphasise how much we do not like school, in the society we live in we have no choice but to slave away in lessons for 12 years to eventually sit our GCSE exams. Even if you come out with a fail at the end, it is still a lesson learnt, that school should be taken seriously. If you fail, you go to college and you try again...

As British Citizens, from when we are babies in playschool, we are already being trainer and educated into the life of work, but we just don't see it as this as this is how we were born to live.

From shapes to letters. From letters to colours. From colours to drawing. From drawing to reading and writing. Our wholes lives we are educated to work and work to educate.

So again, what is education to me?

It is about being able to go through life (whether that is in school or not) and making mistakes. Then picking yourself up and starting again, learning more and more every step of the way.

But the real question is...
What is education to you?
© Copyright 2018 BeautyBehindSecrets (angelxoxo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2154217-Education