*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164592-Full-Rotation-Bring-Him-Home-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2164592
Nair, the light of Rian's life, has disappeared. Can he find him? Or is he gone for good?
It had been a poor couple of weeks, persisting clouds and constant rain made life even more miserable than it already was. After all, today it was about three months that Nair had been gone. His sudden disappearance lead to plenty of questions and not enough definite answers to determine his location.

Between Rian, Hailey and David, they'd searched as far as the bordering states of Missouri looking for him. But not a trace showed up. No clues, no ideas, and no Nair.

Rian had already given up hope. His overall personality had only worsened and he found himself dealing with insomnia. He was rough, but he doubted he was the worst. Hailey was more snippy, but she was also quieter. She didn't usually respond to discussions as they carried out around her. It made Rian even more frustrated with the situation. On the outside, David remained the positive and friendly man he always was. But Rian knew that he felt the loss too, perhaps more than him and Hailey did.

A beam of hope wouldn't be enough to penetrate the dark skies, but perhaps something, or someone else, could. And as Rian stood out in the rain quietly contemplating another reason for Nair's disappearance, indeed someone appeared.

At first Rian thought it was just the light from the street light reflecting off the rain, but when he looked he saw the silhouette clear as the artificial light overhead. A rage unlike any other filled his body as he threw an enormous gear at the target, his eyes followed the movement of his target and jumped towards it as he summoned chains in his hands.

"Where the hell have you been?" Was the first thing that shot out of his lips, his golden eyes drilling holes into the ice blue ones staring back up at him.

"A lot of places, I've been doing a lot of training, but it looks like I'm still not a match for you." The sweet, warm voice replied his face softening as he smiled softly.

"Shut up! You know that we're an even match, it's just because you didn't fight back. And that doesn't answer my question, jackass! I've been looking all over for you for these past three months. How could you leave me and your family behind? What the hell, Nair!" Rian tightened the chains tighter on Nair's neck, unintentionally leaving marks of his fury. Nair slowly brought his hands up to cup Rian's face. The other teen flinched at the contact, but didn't back away.

"I'm sorry, I've just been doing important things that are dangerous to you and them. I'm happy you were looking for me though. I always wondered what would happen if I tried to run away." Nair spoke soothingly, his hands caressing Rian's face, who seemed both aggravated and flustered by his action.

"That's bullshit, what the hell is ‘important things?’ And why can't you do them with us around! You didn't even tell us where you were going! What if something happened to you?" Nair suddenly seemed shocked, as if this was somehow new information. However, what actually surprised him was the tears falling off of Rian's face and onto his own face. "I never thought you were selfish until now. Doing all this because all you care about is you! You didn't even think about the rest of us!" His voice shook with sadness and rage. Nair's hands slid down to Rian's back as the other boy leaned his head down on the other's chest.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you or Hailey and David, but this is something that I need to do, Rian." He spoke almost calmly, but there was a certain air of desperation in it. Rian took a deep breath and leaned back up.

"Fine, but we're doing it together!" Nair looked somewhat amused by this and he moved his hands up to Rian's shoulders. "What're you smiling for, I'm serious!" The white-haired boy shook his head and smiled wider.

"I know you are." With this his hands slide down to Rian's arms and to his wrists. "Which is why I have to do this." He quickly swapped their positions, trapping Rian beneath him with thick root vines holding Rian's hands and arms down.

"What is this?! What're you doing?" Nair touched his forehead to Rian's, then kissed him gingerly on the lips. Rian swallowed and felt more tears slide down his face. The boy then stood and pulled his black jacket closer to his form. He looked up and brushed back his white hair, which was now longer than it usually was. "Why...?" Rian croaked out, still staring up at the male.

"It's my childhood. It's something I have to do, and I need answers. So I don't want you or Hailey and David to see me like that. I'm sorry, but it's something I can't let you guys see." Nair spoke in far off voice, as if in deep in thought. Rian continued his seemingly futile resistance of the vines, but Nair was right in one thing. He was much stronger, normally Rian could break these with a little struggling to get his wrists loose and making some gears, but without his hands pointing towards the roots he couldn't do anything.

"I'll find you again. And don't you dare think that I won't! When I get my hands on you again I'll bring you kicking and screaming back to that damn RV!" Nair smiled again and jumped up to the shed he had originally landed on.

"It's a bet then. But don't worry, I'll be back soon enough." He spoke loudly over the rain as took another leap. As soon as he was out of sight, the vines retreated into the ground. Rian quickly stood and jumped on the roof of the shed, but there were no footprints. There was no movement from the trees that gave him a direction. As Rian stood there looking all around, he realized that once again, there was nothing. There was no Nair, and there was no light.
© Copyright 2018 SasoriTheSergal (sasorixsergal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164592-Full-Rotation-Bring-Him-Home-Part-1