*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190636-The-Unwanted-Curse
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2190636
A werewolf story. The girl in this story and all other characters are 18 or older.
The Unwanted Curse!

Last night, I was outside in the woods when a strange wolf like creature bit me. It broke the skin, and the rest of the encounter I don't remember. When I woke up I was in bed, nude, and I heard my Mom screaming about Monster, our cat.

"Aaaa!!!! Monster's dead! Something ate the flesh clean off of him! There's no fur or anything!" she said.

I decided I would get dressed to see what had happened to Monster. As I went to wash my hands and face I let out a gasp. There was blood all over my mouth and hands. I quickly washed my hands and mouth off and brushed my teeth incredibly well to get rid of the blood and the smell of it. That wolf like creature must have been a werewolf. Then I must have been turned into a werewolf too. I was what happened to my cat, Monster. I quickly got dressed and rushed outside, to see our twenty pound cat Monster now just a skeleton.

"Wow, whatever got Monster must have been hungry," I said doing my best to act shocked and like I knew nothing of his killing.
"Well, let's find a place to bury him, Kate," said my Mom.
"I have to get to school, Mom, I will attend his funeral when we get home," I said.
"Ok, bye! Don't let your grief overcome you in school today!" said Mom starting to cry over what had once been our living, breathing, cat.

I boarded the bus and saw my best friend Kia motion for me to sit next to her.

"I saw your cat out of the window, that's really too bad, you should find what killed him, and kill it," said Kia.

Yeah, like I could just commit suicide, and my problems would be solved. I didn't really want to kill myself, and if the problem's solution was that easy, I would be happy.

"There's going to be a beautiful full moon out tonight, want to come over to my house to see it?" asked Kia.
"Sorry, I have to study to make sure I know our science curriculum well," I lied, knowing that if I came over to Kia's house she would end up dead.
"That's too bad, I hope you get to see it at your own house," she said.
"I hope so too," I lied, wishing that I could enjoy the full moon without fear of killing something when it came out.

At lunch Kia and I overheard people talking about what had happened to their animals.

"My big St. Bernard, biggest dog in the neighborhood, and now she's just a big skeleton," said Brian, a boy who loved animals.

"That's allright, my Dad's an animal control officer, and he'll be able to get what's been after the neighborhood animals," said Danny, Brian's friend.

"So, what do you plan to do about the pest who killed your cat?" asked Kia.
"I don't know, I think Danny's Dad can take care of whatever's out there," I said.
"I hope whatever is out there doesn't get my poodle," said Tira who was a very preppy girl.
"I recommend you guys both stay inside tonight and tomorrow," I said.
"But tomorrow's the weekend! We've got to see that full moon tonight too!" said Kia.
"Yeah, Kia and I plan on seeing it tonight! Whatever's out killing animals is probably just a dumb old coyote that animal control can handle," said Tira brushing her hair.
"Suit yourselves," I said.

If they wanted to get themselves killed, there was nothing I could do about it. It's not like you can control yourself when you're in werewolf mode.

After school, I decided that I would lock myself in my room, and not come out until morning. Apparently it wasn't that simple. At dinner time, my Mom called me down to dinner, and thankfully the full moon wasn't out yet.

"This meatloaf's delicious," I said, taking seconds.
"We're going to have Monster's funeral tomorrow, I hope you attend, Kate," said Mom.

After I finished my seconds I went back upstairs to brush my teeth and go to bed. Soon enough, I found I was too hot to continue wearing my pajamas. I stripped off my pajamas, and under garments and decided to sleep naked. I locked the door, and locked my window.

When I woke up the next morning I noticed the window had been broken. I noticed blood on my hands and face again. I took a shower and changed my sheets before my Mom would notice, and washed out the stains. I quickly called Kia to see if she and Tira were allright.

"Hello? Is Kia there?" I asked.
"I'm sorry, this is her mother. Kia and her friend Tira were laying outside stargazing and looking at the moon when some vicious monster brutually killed them. It looks as though their body organs were eaten and most of their flesh is gone," said Kia's Mom.

I quickly brushed my teeth. I started packing my bags, knowing that I couldn't stay here any longer. I had killed my own best friend, and my other friend Tira. I had even eaten their insides! Tonight was going to be the last night of my werewolf run. I cried, I was a murderer. I hated being a werewolf, who wants to turn into something and find out you have killed your friends?

After I finished packing I ran to the woods, to see who the person who had given me the curse was. I could barely recognize him, but he looked like my old friend Mike, from elementary school. He had been mauled so much, that his dead body was barely recognizable. He had given me this curse. I only wished there was a cure for werewolfism.

It was getting dark out now, I took off my clothes and waited for the change. The next morning I found I had killed Danny and Brian, but had returned to the woods. If anybody found out my dark secret, I would be killed.

I ran to a lake and bathed, and used my toothbrush and the toothpaste I had brought. I used the restroom in the woods, and got dressed. I needed to find a place to live. I needed to find new friends.

I boarded a train, and when I arrived at my destination, I ran and ran until I found a big woods. I would be safe here. I had asked many people on the train if they knew any cures for werewolfism, because a friend of mine was a werewolf and I wanted what was best for her or so I told them. They said there is currently no cure for werewolfism. However, the woods was not so secluded that no people visited it. Many people camped here, and ended up dead, organs gone, just like the others I had killed. I lived in the woods, and hunted deer and rabbits and salmon for myself. I hid from people during the day, and on the nights of my werewolf runs, I could only hope that there were no people there, just for once. But there were always people there, who talked of a monster who killed, adults, children, teenagers, babies, and family pets, and yet nobody ever caught the monster. That monster is me. I am forever outcast, some people bring silver to keep me away and it works, but a lot of people don't believe in werewolves and end up getting killed. No one has survived my attacks. I only hope that someday there will be a cure. But for now, I must accept myself for what I am, a killer.

The End
© Copyright 2019 ziggy47 (ziggy47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190636-The-Unwanted-Curse