*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214680-The-Last-Sunset
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2214680
What do you want to see in the end?
I lay limply on the cold linoleum tile, my body occasionally jerking as I lay there, my blood seeping out of me and pooling on the floor. I felt so cold. My body had gone numb other than the shrieking pain from the bullet lodged in my chest. I struggled to breathe, choking on the crimson fluid filling my lungs. So cold. I reached towards my son as he lowered the modern revolver, a smirk growing on his face. "So, papa, what's the safe combination?" My daughter sat in a nearby chair, wrists bound to the legs as she watched helplessly, tears rolling down her pale cheeks, her thin frame trembling. "I'll... Never tell." I croaked, coughing up blood. He walked up to me, gripping my arm and pulling it straight, before slamming his foot down, cracking the bone. "Fuck!" I screeched. "The code is 0526!" His son grinned. "My birthday, how ironic. Well, you brought me into this world, it's only fair I take you out of it. He put 1 bullet into the revolver. "Howai about a little russian roulette?" He aimed it at my precious Lily. "No!" I cried. He pulled the trigger, the gun letting out a dull click. I let out a shivering sigh of relief as he aimed it at me. Click. As he turned to Lily, I noticed her hand wigging free from her bonds, reaching out and grasping the weapon with ease. "Your turn." She muttered, pulling the trigger. Bang. My ears rang at the loud noise, and I watched blearily as my daughter brought me to the window, to show me my Last Sunset.

277 Words
© Copyright 2020 Buttonose (ashnay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214680-The-Last-Sunset