*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214944-To-Understand-Meridith
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Fantasy · #2214944
A brief description of what Meridith is as a dwelf in my world.
To Understand Meridith
         Meridith is a Dwelf, the offspring of a Dwarf mother and an Elf father. Dwarfs live in the northern environs of the Known Lands as far north as the Vast Mountain Ranges that act as a border against further travel. While          Elfs live in the south as far as the Immense Forests that act as the borer there. Since Dwarfs cannot handle the heat of the extreme south,, and Elfs cannot handle the cold of the extreme north, they only interact in the temperate lowlands of the Central Kingdoms.
         Dwarfs are a separate species than Humans. Typically they short, ranging from four feet in height up to about five foot six. They have one less pair of rib bones. Their bones are more like concrete. Their Dimsight allows them to see in the glow of bioluminescent plants as if it was daylight. They are born with muscles, able to turn themselves over as infants, but require more food than Humans to fuel their bodies. They live in close knit clans with some as small families banding together, and others as large family units living under one clan.
         Elfs are also a separate species. They are taller than Humans, mostly standing six foot to seven foot six in height. They have one more pair of rib bones. Their bones are more poiable and can bend further before breaking than a Human. Their Aurasight allows them to see the glow energy of every living thing as a glow and some are adept enough to tell emotions even when it is attempted to hide them. They live mostly in loose blended families. Usually with two or more males and two or more females.
          Meanwhile the offspring of a Dwarf and Elf has all the benefits of both parents, and no weakness other than their great height, with the terrible consequence of being sterile. Therefore there is no race of Dwelfs.
         The Great East-West River divides the north and the south as it flows from the Greatest Lake in the East to the Endless Swamp in the west. These two bodies of water house the Merpeople in the east and the amphibious Salapeople in the west. The offspring of a Merperson and a Sala person is the same.
         Humans are the baseline and able to survive in any of the environments, excepting under water of course. Typically any Human Hybrid offspring are considered a compromise of the parents, able to withstand all temperatures better than their non-Human parent, but have less of the uniqueness of them.
© Copyright 2020 Randy Ames (randyames at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214944-To-Understand-Meridith