*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214981-Loki
by jonewe
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2214981
An original story based on Loki, the Nordic god.
Loki wakes up to a fresh start. He looks to the cabinet next to his bed. Atop it sits his LIfeAid, a device designed to aid the citizens of the Nine Realms in their everyday life. Looking at the time being displayed on it, Loki realizes that he is up early, much to his delight.

Loki is an adolescent demon, born in Muspelheim and raised in Asgard by the Allfather, Odin. He has black hair and eyes, a well-built body, and long hair that does not cover his face.

Deciding that he is better off leaving early, Loki leaves proceeds to wash and freshen himself up. He eyes his kitchen, flies towards the cabinet and takes out a pack of Eastern hot chocolate and pieces of cheese. After making the hot chocolate, Loki wolfs down the cheese, and then the chocolate.

Before he leaves, Loki conjures a spell, keeping all his belongings, which are his device, magic crystals and key runes, in a pocket dimension, ready to be retrieved whenever and wherever he desires

Loki makes his way through the hallway of the barracks, being surrounded by a sea of people and countless waves of chattering. Loki lowers his gaze, keeping his arms crossed as he conjures a set of headphones on his left hand.

"Loki!" A call and the hand wrapping itself around the adolescent demon's shoulder attracts his attention. Loki sighs, putting his headphones back into the pocket dimension as he does.

"Ready to kick some ass later?" A young man around the age of Loki speaks while his muscular arm wraps around Loki's shoulder, shaking him as it does so. The young man has long flowing blond hair, which has been tied into a pony tail. He possess an muscular build, matched by attractive features."

"As excited as I am, the only ass I am interested in kicking is yours," Loki replies with a sneer. "Thor."

Thor Odinson, Odin's firstborn by his lover Njord long before he met his current wife, Frigg. A half giant, from his mother, and half Aesir, from his father. The potential heir to the Allfather, and Asgard's mightiest upstart. His strength and ferocity in battle can be matched by few in Asgard, including Loki. Despite that, Thor has won many duels between the two, most of them in fact.

"Well, I am afraid that you are going to need more than a wooden sword and some magic to defeat me." Thor boasts, flexing his other arm and admiring it as he does.

"Indeed." A smile slithers across Loki's face while he rubs his chin. "Perhaps I should reconsider using 'that' again."

Thor lets go of Loki and rubs the side of his head, his face strained as he does so. "Again? You know I hate it when you do that. It's so powerful, yet so slippery and unpredictable."

HARHAR

Loki laughs in response. Putting his hands at his hip and raising his posture as he does. The two continues their chatter as they left the barracks.

Their residence, the barracks for cadets of Asgard Valor Academy, was a part of the Academy. There were other faculties. Deciding that they have time, Loki and Thor goes and visit some of their friends. As Thor roars away with his friends, Loki stands at the side, smiling while grasping his arm.

The cadets of the Academy spend their day on various studies, studying subjects like politics, culture, biology of the creatures living in the Nine Realms, and others. However, many of them have been studying since a long time ago, therefore many are already adept in these subjects.

The studies last for a long time, with some short breaks in between for the cadets to rest and perform other activities.

Being in different classroom with Thor, Loki takes short walks around the campus during breaks. As he walks, he puts on headphones and keeps his eye forward.

When evening arrives, chosen groups of cadets make their way to the field. Loki makes his way there as well, as he has been chosen for today.

There, everybody makes their way to the rows of practice weapons placed at the side. It is time for combat training.

Loki goes for a wooden blade. It is a one-sided blade, looking very much similar to a rapier, but is closer to an Eastern blade. Loki looks around the field, trading glances with a number of people eyeing him.

"Hel." Loki hears one of the cadets say. "We are with the demon today."

"Hey!" The cadet is hushed, presumably by a friend.

"Don't worry." The cadet replies. "It's not like anybody will hear us."

Loki looks back to his sword, turning it over a few times while inspecting it.

"I get the feeling today's the day." Somebody else speaks. "I am gonna kick his ass."

The chatters die out as Loki slowly walks into position. He grips his blade confidently as he takes his position. As he does so, sounds fade away, leaving behind what sounds like annoyed mumbles.

As he stands, Loki remembers back to the times when he received mistreatment due to his heritage. With sword in hand, Loki focuses.

After the cadets are prepared, the bouts begin under the instructors' supervision, ensuring that no student would go too far in the sparring session. Loki scours the field, trying to find a suitable sparring partner.

"Loki, you and me, let's go."

Loki turns, noticing that Flash, an Aesir cadet, has approached him.

Loki nods his head, to which Flash replies with a bow. As Loki is taking his stance, Flash rushes him, swinging his sword. Loki dodges it by a hair's breadth, feeling a tinge on his chest.

Flash continues to barrage Loki with strikes, making use of his speed.

High. Low. Middle. High.

Flash's blows were either dodged or parried by Loki skillfully. However, Loki misreads one of Flash's blows, thinking he is going for a swing while Flash goes for a thrust. The price was a painful blow on Loki's stomach. Luckily, Loki manages to put up a magical barrier, reducing the damage, making it a non-lethal blow. Flash clicks his lips as he resumes his stance.

Flash and Loki continues to circle one another, with Loki's sword pointed at Flash's shield. As they circle, Loki fakes a few moves while Flash continues to hide behind his shield.

Loki tries striking at Flash for a few times, all of which blocked. Flash then tries to strike at Loki, to which Loki barely blocks with a magical shield.

After a few exchanges, Loki noticing that Flash's shoulders are moving fiercely. Taking this opportunity, Loki backhand swings his blade diagonally, aiming at Flash's neck. Flash parries it with his shield. With Loki open, Flash raises his sword and strikes at him. However, Loki spins and steps to the side, following through with his strike, allowing him to avoid Flash's blow.

While Flash is unstable from his blow, Loki's spin connects into a spinning blow, striking at the Aesir's right temple, knocking his helmet away.

Flash looks shocked, realizing that he is defeated. Loki walks away from the defeated Aesir, letting him keep as much as his pride. Flash quickly puts on his helmet and moves onto his next opponent.

Loki continues looking around for sparring opponents. Another Aesir accepts his offer and they duel. Loki manages to outsmart his opponent as he did with Flash, earning him his victory.

Moving on, Loki looks for more partners. One ignores him, moving away and looking for other partners. Another one rejects him, saying he wants to practice with someone else.

This continues for a while, with cadets accepting Loki's invite. Many of the duels aren't easy, but Loki manages to win them all. Many of his partners thank him, while Loki simply walk away from others.

Many cadets either ignore or reject Loki as he scours the field.

As he is looking for his next match, Loki comes face to face with another Aesir cadet, Thrast. Thrast takes his stance as Loki stands in front of him.

"Come, demon, allow me to restore the honor of Asgard." Thrast says as he turns over to the side of the field, where there are female spectators present.

"Go, Thrast!" The females shout excitedly in response to Thrast's action.

Loki takes a breath. He then moves in and strikes. Thrast deflects the blow and thrusts at Loki's solar plexus with his sword. The blow is dodged by Loki moving to the right flank of Thrast, allowing him to get an opening for a strike. The blow is parried with ease, almost knocking the attacking demon off balance.

The next blow comes swiftly, before Loki could steady himself. Closing his eyes,Loki teleports himself a few millimetres to his right, coming face to face with Thrast's shield. A shield bash comes, clashing with a magical barrier conjured before it connects.

As Loki takes a few steps back, his opponents lowers his guard.

"You and your cowardly tricks." He then resumes his stance. "No matter. My just might shall earn me my victory!" He then looks to the spectators once more.

Loki hears some female voices. He takes a deep breath, pointing his sword at Thrast.

No matter how much he tries to focus, Loki finds himself blocked by Thrast's shield, which stands strong like a wall.


© Copyright 2020 jonewe (jonewe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214981-Loki