*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215384-Beneath-The-Ashes--Prologue
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #2215384
Ashryn must save her kingdom, and face her fate without shrinking from her Destiny
Once upon a time there was a girl who saved her kingdom from complete destruction. The world tried to thwart her, but found they could not withstand her power that was unlike any other they had encountered before. She saved her family and those who slept at the hearth. She saved the birds who flew the skies and the creatures that roamed the lands. She used all the power she had been born with, and used it to shelter her people from evil. Evil that had tried to destroy her kingdom, her world.

Sadly there is no once upon a time. There was only the past, and the threat of no future for the light. Ashryn looked up, and glanced around. There was no saved kingdom to see. Her father had read her so many stories when she was younger, but that is exactly what they were; stories. There is no such thing as happily ever after, there was nothing left but despair, and ashes. Ashes that fell like snow on a sunny day; softly and silently, leaving you to bear and heal the wounds that had been left. Time had run out, and they had come on the 7th light of the 11th moon just as they said they would. They took everything dear to her; just as they warned. Her power was insufficient, and nothing, nothing compared to them. She would have to fight back. She would face the dark, to find the face that haunted her dreams. Ashryn vowed not rest until the darkness was obliterated. She did not know when or how, but she would fight with everything in her, until her last breath.

© Copyright 2020 Silver Phoenix (silver0phoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215384-Beneath-The-Ashes--Prologue