*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255303-Frank-Learns-a-Lesson
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2255303
Flash Fiction
Frank Learns a Lesson

“I told you it wouldn’t work.”

“It will work.”

“It isn’t working.”

“It isn’t working yet.”

“It’s never going to work.”

“Oh ye of little faith. Never is a very long time. Not that either of us will be around forever, how about a little wager on if it will work in some period of time that we will be around?”

“Like what kind of a wager?”

“How about ten bucks?”

“And how long?”

Randy looked at his watch, “I have be at the library at three so how about ten minutes?”

“Ten minutes? You’ve got to be kidding. Sure!” said Frank. “This doesn’t work in ten minutes and you owe me ten bucks? Definitely! You might as well give me the ten bucks right now! This is never going to work!”

“Deal then. Ten bucks.”

Suddenly the contraption came to life, whirring and screeching and moving across the floor.

“You owe me ten bucks.”

Dad called over from the other side of the cellar, “Did that turn on that circuit breaker?”

“Yeah Dad, it did! Thanks!” Randy yelled back.

“You cheated!” Frank yelled.

“How did I cheat?”

“You knew the circuit was off.”

“You would have known too if you had come down when Dad called us, but you were too busy watching Road Dummies.”

“But...”

“But nothing. You owe me ten bucks.”

As it turned out, that was the last time Frank was caught in a situation like that. Randy’s little trap made a big impression on Frank who ended up leading a very lucrative life until he was finally caught, but, in his late eighties. Being so old, he was ready to retire anyway, and since he was still a charmer, his cushy jail cell didn’t bother him a bit.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2255303-Frank-Learns-a-Lesson