*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256462-Yesterday
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2256462
Flash Fiction
Yesterday

“You didn’t write yesterday.”

“So?”

“So what’s the deal?”

“Why does there have to be a deal?”

“Because you usually write every day, well, you used to...”

“It’s not required.”

“I know, you just did, and now you don’t. I wondered why.”

“I’ve been busy some days.”

“You were always busy some days, but you still wrote.”

“Well I’ve been busy-ER!”

“What the heck does that mean?

What difference does it make, I’ve been busy!”

“OK, so you’ve been busy. Is it anything I can help you with?”

“I don’t think so ... do you do much space traveling?”

“What?”

Space traveling? Traveling in space?”

“Ah, no. You?”

“Well, lately I have been spending a lot of time traveling to other planets, and it’s sometimes hard to get on the internet. And, of course, even when you can, the time zones are always confusing.”

“The time zones?”

You know, some of them have over a hundred time zones! Just trying to find one that corresponds to earth takes more time than I’ve got, so I just can’t bother!”

“I see... Ah, why are you going to those places?”

“Oh, I thought you knew. My last company went out of business, so I’ve been looking for a new job.”

“Oh, gosh! I didn’t know! How long has it been since you worked?”

“Not long. About six elegons.”

“Elegons?”

“Pffft! Sorry, I was just at Donegay, in the Trithorn Galaxy? I meant to say months! Silly me!”

“OK, Well I’m glad to see you writing more steadily again!”

“Thanks! I think I may get this job on Donegay too! I really am quite good at driving Billgarts!”

“That’s ... great ... Well, um... see ya!”

“Yea! See ya!”

Everybody has their own story, some are just a bit more complicated than others...
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2256462-Yesterday