*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263197-The-Snorlax-has-a-wreck
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Adult · #2263197
Tragedy strikes Barbara Chandler on the week of Thanksgiving!
It was the day of November 22nd, and you are once again, spending another miserable day alone at home with your hoard. You had told your son in jail to please send out letters to get people to come over and bring food and money to you. Unfortunately, other than the trolls that pestered you back in September, you haven't seen a soul since. And you certainly haven't been getting anymore money either. Just as you were about to grab a cup of tea and watch a sitcom from the 1960s, you get a strange phone call. You thought it was a troll at first, but it was one of your relatives! Your relative wanted you to come over to their house on Thanksgiving since your son is not home and is in jail! You sigh and agree before hanging up. You think it's a bit strange that now that your son is no longer around, your family now wants to reconnect, but you shake it off before watching some TV.

The next day, on the 23rd, you hop into the van and start to drive off. As you drive through the woods toward the highway, you thought you have seen something, but shake it off and keep driving. As you hit the highway, you began to see more visions and until, right out of thin air, you see your son in his classic attire sitting in the passenger seat, right next to you! He looks like his usual self before the Tomgirl phase, but instead of eyes, it is dark, black sockets with some blood pouring out of them. Beginning to tremble, you ask who it is and he replies with "Don't you recognize me Mommy? It's me! Your son!" "B-But Christopher, you are supposed to be in jail right now!" "In jail? For what?" "For what you did...to me!" "But, but Mommy, I wanted to soul bond with you and help heal you up!" "Christopher, I know you love me, but I don't think what you did was right! It was so wrong, it was all over the news!" "But Mommy, I had to heal you up!" He then reaches over and starts to rub on your arms and shoulders. "But don't you worry Mommy, we will soon be together, forever and ever..." You were just about to ask what he means by this, but then you get startled when you hear the horns of a big rig nearby. You then see in horror that a big rig is heading straight towards you! You try to move your body, but because of your old age, you couldn't move in time and just as you make impact with the truck, it all goes black...

Sometime later, you wake up in a hospital and see yourself all bandaged up. You talk with some doctors and nurses and they tell you that you have been in a terrible accident and your vehicle has been completely totaled. You roll your eyes and sigh as you lay back in bed. As you do, you see a group of people coming into the room. You recognize them as your family! The first two you recognize right away...it's Harriet and Tom! Even though you are sedated, you could feel some rage building up inside of you and you ask "Harriet, why did you turn my son away? He is family and you should of treated him like so!" "Because Sister, what he did is sick and wrong! He took advantage of your condition and had his way with you and that is just downright sick!" "Even so, he is my son, and I love him so much!" "I know you do, but what he did is not forgivable! In the eyes of both the law and the Lord, that is rape and it is very sick!" "I realize that, but he is still my son and he is still a precious child to me!" "A child? A CHILD?!? HE IS A GROWN ASS MAN THAT CAN MAKE HIS OWN DAMN DECISION! AND WHY ISN'T HE WORKING, KNOWING THE FINANCES AT HOME ISN'T THAT GREAT?!? WHEN'S THE LAST TIME HE WORKED? FLIPPING BURGERS AT A WENDY'S TWENTY YEARS AGO?!? If he gets out, HE NEEDS TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB!" "Do you have any idea what you are saying? My boy has Autism and it's very difficult for people like him to get a job! Not to mention, he can't help himself at times because of it!" "So you are saying that some of the terrible things he did in the past is OK because of his Autism? You think it's OK for all the things he has said at Corrina's funeral? You think it's right for him to run over a manager of a game store and use up your late husband's inheritance on a lawyer to defend yourselves in court? You think it's right for him to pepper spray a poor kid working at Gamestop just over a video game hedgehog? You think it's right for him to squander what little money you had left because he was worried about his imaginary town getting blown up by lasers? Sister, it's time you start treating him like an adult! And if they aren't doing it in jail, I strongly advise you make him get some mental help, because he can't blame Autism for EVERYTHING!" You sigh and agree with her before you black out from the medicine...

Sometime later, you get paid a visit by a police officer, who was dropping by to give you something. It is a citation for "Failure to Yield Right-of-Way." Apparently, the police department's investigation revealed that you ran a stop sign, which resulted in the big rig hitting you. You try to convince the officer that your son has somehow got into your head and distracted you. Of course, the officer doesn't buy it and leaves. You sigh as you realized you are going to have to fork over money for a citation that you don't think should be given to you...

About a week later, Tom is helping you out of a vehicle and putting you into a wheelchair as you get ready to enter the Central Virginia Regional Jail. "Ready Barbara?" asks Tom. You sigh and nod at him before he starts to move the wheelchair. You sigh again as you ready yourself to tell your son some not-so-good news....
© Copyright 2021 Rossthefox (rossthefox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263197-The-Snorlax-has-a-wreck