*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263433-The-Show
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2263433
Flash Fiction
The Show

“There’s a bug on the salt shaker,” Terry said.

“Your kidding!” Frankie yelled, rushing over.

“I’m not, I can see it! Oop! It’s moving! I think it’s an ant.”

“Are those the ones with wings? Or lots of legs...I forget.”

“Legs, but the other ones have lots of legs too. People hate the ants more for some reason. Call Mom, this could get good!”

“Mom!” Frankie yelled, “Dad says there’s an ant on the table!”

Angie came out, “What are you even doing up there Mister! I thought you said your leg hurt.”

“It’s better now. Really! I just thought I’d try it, and then, there it was, an ant! It was on the salt shaker but now it’s moved over to a big bowl of orange stuff.”

“Let us up! Let us up! We want to see!”

“Hold your horses!”

“What are horses?” Frankie asked.

“I don’t know, people just say that a lot...”

The wheel stopped and they all climbed up so they could all see.

Suddenly, a bunch of people came in the room talking and surrounding the table. As they began to sit, one suddenly screamed “An ant!” and everyone jumped up, away from the table. There was chaos for a good ten minutes before things settled and the meal started in its normal boring way.

The three sat on the edge of the wheel watching, clapping and smiling at the wonderful three part show they had luckily gotten to watch. First, the tiny ant finding the table. Second the people going crazy finding the tiny ant on their dinner table! And finally, watching the tiny ant escape the eight giant people determined to catch, and probably kill that tiny little ant. What a show!

It just made their little hamster day.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2263433-The-Show