*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278885-Do-You-Believe-in-Ghosts-Now
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2278885
Do You Believe in Ghosts, Now? for Daily Flash
         Sam Adams to celebrate his 65 birthday decided to go on a grand tour of Scotland, hiking the Scottish moors following the Whiskey trail. He would start in ancient Inverness and trek through the moors and highlands by himself. He was part Scottish, his paternal great-grandmother was from the McClausen clan.

          To get ready, he went for five-mile walks every day in the Berkeley Hills, and he also learned how to play the pipes and joined a Scottish rites church. He got in touch with long relatives and finally flew off to Scotland to meet his distance McClausen clan mates.

         He met them in a pub in Inverness and over beer and haggis, they .talked about the legends of the mad Laird, who haunted the woods around those parts. Scott McClausen his cousin asked him.

         “So, my American cousin, do you believe in ghosts?”

         “No, I do not. Why?”

         “Well, there is a legendary ghost who haunts these moors. He appears out of the fog dressed in an old laird’s uniform riding a black horse and playing the bagpipes. We don’t want to hear about your death now that we finally met.”

         Late in the day, a thick fog descended on the moors. Sam heard a bagpiper playing the pipes and then saw him - an old man wearing a laird’s custom riding a black horse, with long black hair, who came out of a hidden doorway with a mirror.

         The old laird greeted him and asked him if he wanted a drink.

         Sam said sure, “why not?”

         The laird finally asked him,

         “Say, American cousin, do you believe in ghosts?’

“          No, I do not.”

         The figure stood up pulling a machete and screamed at him.

         “Do you believe in ghosts, now?”


Prompt for 8/19

Write a story that includes the words: mirror, door, hair


Write a story that includes the line: “Do you believe in ghosts?”
Have fun!
© Copyright 2022 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2278885-Do-You-Believe-in-Ghosts-Now