*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286367-Waiting-for-Jake
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2286367
Samantha waits for Jake
Samantha sat at the kitchen table, staring out the window at the pouring rain. She had been waiting for her husband, Jake, to come home for what felt like hours. She checked her watch for the hundredth time and sighed. "I'm tired of waiting," she said out loud.

She stood up and walked over to the fridge. She poured herself a glass of milk and took a long sip, trying to calm her nerves. Where was Jake? He was supposed to be home hours ago.

She heard the front door open and looked up, hoping to see Jake. Instead, she saw her best friend, Emily, standing in the doorway with a worried look on her face.

"Samantha, I'm so sorry," Emily said, shaking her head. "Jake was in a car accident. He didn't make it."

Samantha's world went black as she collapsed to the floor. She had been waiting for Jake to come home, but now he was gone forever. She was filled with grief and anger, but most of all, she was tired of waiting for something that would never happen.
© Copyright 2022 Mark Blenheim (markblenheim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2286367-Waiting-for-Jake