*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289974-To-Do-Lists
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Biographical · #2289974
What helps shape who we grow to be?
To do lists, they grow. They grow exponentially over the years. Once upon a time I said to an adult relative, "I can't wait to grow up and be big and grown up like you!" If only I'd known. Being a grown up brings the joys of ever growing "to do lists," bills, bills, and more bills, and the worry of responsibility.

As a child I thought life sucked because my childhood wasn't like it was on T.V. As a teen I wasted massive amounts of time partying and experimenting with psychedelics. As a young adult I tried college and settled into a rock n' roll lifestyle I was lucky enough for my guitar to provide. Then came family life. My kids changed everything, along with them came "responsibility." This took me back to school, in more ways than one, and rock n' roll eventually took a backseat. Now in my forties I'm working towards finishing a degree I started when I was eighteen.

In hindsight I've lived a pretty amazing life. Have I been wealthy? Not by any conventional standard. However, my experiences have provided wealth that money never could have. They have provided wisdom and a wealth of memories that I would have never dreamed of living beforehand.

I still feel as if I'm just getting started. I have a lot of life left to live and most importantly I have many memories left to make and so much left to give to the world. Yes, to do lists grow and grow as we live day to day and year to year. Big or small, each task we complete is another experience and another memory we are blessed to have. As our to do lists grow, so do we.
© Copyright 2023 MaestroJ (jaikens at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2289974-To-Do-Lists