*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296741-Side-tracked
Rated: E · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2296741
an unusually kind act
“Call the police!” I yelled as my eyes fell on the inert form of a little old lady on the floor. She breathed in a shaky breath confirming I wasn’t too late.

My partner Vince scolded me immediately, “Dude we are the ones robbing the place. I really don’t think you have any Idea of how burglary works!”

“No, I found the little old lady this place belongs to, she’s fallen and she can’t get up! Crap she’s seen me now we really do have to call!” Her head turned and caught view of me.

“Dude! We don’t have to get help for her!”

I glared at him aghast, “If we don’t and she dies? That would be like Murder!”

“Well, if we’re going to call the police, find her phone I am not using my minutes to turn myself in!” He pointed to a table with an old corded phone sitting on it.

I dialed slowly given the antiquated phone was rotary. “Hello,9-1-1, I am at 323 Sesame St. apartment A. The little old lady living here has fallen and she can’t get up. Of course, I’ll be here to let you in.”

Vince saluted me and headed back the way we came in. “Dude, I am out!”

I held my hand over the receiver, “Close the window after yourself dude we don’t want her to get a draft.” Then I uncovered the receiver, “I am sorry ma’am I don’t know her name. I just happened by. Good Samaritan and all.”

“Is someone there?” The woman asked with an obviously dry throat.

“Hold on ma’am. I have help coming.”


270 words


prompt
© Copyright 2023 Spring in my Sox (rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296741-Side-tracked