*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296832-June
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Dark · #2296832
entry for Dwg Flash fiction contest. june'23
Truth can be stranger than fiction. Which is this? That is anybody's guess. This is about my sister, June. She was born in June. I am just glad my parents didn't name me March. My sister is one of those special people born with homicidal tendencies. She killed her first hamster at six with a barbeque skewer. I haven't eaten kabobs since. It just isn't a pleasant image. I am not saying that all people that end up serial killers are psychopaths from birth. I just know that June was. I say was because the state takes that kind of thing badly and tends to punish people severely.

This is about one birthday party for one of June's friends. He was three days short of being exactly two years younger than June. The party didn't seem like it was going to go wrong until after he unwrapped his gifts. That was when they pulled out the pinata. As the oldest June was last in line to hit. The boy before her broke through to the candy. He dropped the bat in her general direction and dove to grab his share. June picked up the bat she waited to see who had collected the most candy, then she knocked his legs from beneath him with the bat and snatched up his candy bag. After that she wailed on what was left of the pinata with the bat. She attacked the pinata like it had slept with her sister and shot her dog. Everyone in the neighborhood kind of had an idea that she was different after that.

266 words

prompt
© Copyright 2023 Spring in my Sox (rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2296832-June