*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298542-How-to-be-friends-with-Pinoys
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Cultural · #2298542
There are so many ways on how to be friends with Filipinos. I am going to explain one.
Tara, kain tayo?


Wherever you are, us Filipinos are generally friendly. We offer smiles on our faces and laugh at our problems, because we solve problems through our smiles and laughter. Now, the question is, how can you be friends with Filipinos?

The typical answer that you might hear will be "give them food."

As a Filipino, I will say that it is real. Most parents show their love to their children by giving them food. Rarely do we use and hear the words "I love you." or encouraging words. The way to uplift a child is by giving them food. Typically, in the old generation by giving them ice candies. It is a popular dessert way back in the 1960's or even earlier. Wherein, fresh juices will be placed in a cellophane tube and freeze it. Of course, there are several ways on how to make it.

Point is, even if ice candies are no longer popular to younger generations, food is a very effective communication in order to be friends with a Filipino. For Filipino adults, usually, we gather with our friends outside by inviting them for a cup of coffee or by inviting them out for lunch or dinner. If you belong to the age bracket of early twenties up to mid twenties, the popular drink among friends is milk tea or bobba tea.

Personally, I will describe our food as combination of sweet and salty as a major food preference. If you are wondering, what are the Filipino Fast Food chains that have outbranched abroad, I will recommend these, just because it brings out our culture as Filipinos. First, is Jollibee. Their fried chicken and mango pies are very tasty giving you a traditional Filipino food. Second, I will recommend Mang Inasal. The reason is that you will be able to eat with your bare hands, just like how we prefer to eat. It may sound primitive to others but for us Filipinos, regardless of your social background, eating with your bare hands can be an enjoyable experience. Also Mang Inasal provides grilled chicken and extra rice. Talk about a typical Filipino preference! Now, last but not the least is the Halo-Halo of Chowking. Halo-Halo is a Filipino iced crushed dessert with different fruits and sweets and ice cream on it and we mix all of the ingredients together. Hence the name Halo-halo, "mix-mix".

In conclusion, Filipino foods are not well known as compared to other Asian cuisines but is something to that is to be tried.

Thoughts?


© Copyright 2023 WritingCoffeeBear (coffeebear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2298542-How-to-be-friends-with-Pinoys