*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301457-My-Past-Meets-My-Future
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2301457
This dream was powerful!
I find myself standing at the edge of a vast and tranquil lake, the water's surface reflecting the soft glow of the setting sun. The air is filled with the gentle scent of blooming flowers, and a distant melody of a song I once knew plays faintly in the background.

As I walk along the shore, I notice a small wooden boat tied to a dock. Compelled by an unseen force, I climb into the boat and begin to row towards the center of the lake. The water is calm, and each stroke of the oars sends ripples across the surface, distorting the reflection of the sky.

In the middle of the lake, I find a small island adorned with a single, ancient tree. Its branches are twisted and gnarled, yet it's covered with the most vibrant and beautiful blossoms I've ever seen. Underneath the tree, there's a wooden bench, and sitting on it is a figure I recognize but can't quite place.

As I approach, the figure turns to me, and I realize it's a younger version of myself. The eyes are filled with hope, dreams, and a touch of naivety. I sit down, and without words, I begin to communicate, sharing thoughts, fears, and aspirations.

The conversation flows effortlessly, and I find myself discussing paths not taken, opportunities missed, and dreams yet to be realized. The younger me is full of questions, and I try to answer them with the wisdom I've gained over the years.

As the sun dips below the horizon, the dream begins to fade, and I feel a profound sense of connection with my past and a renewed determination for my future. The last thing I hear is the younger me whispering, "It's never too late."
© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301457-My-Past-Meets-My-Future