*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301959-The-Song-CRAZY-by-Patsy-Cline
by Naomi
Rated: E · Documentary · Music · #2301959
Sweet Memories

When I was in my early teens there was no TV in our home sweet home.
We listened to Music at our AVEGON Radio. Every Sunday , there was a program 10 Top Tunes of the Week.
My siblings and me asked permission from our Papa and Mama to have the radio on full volume so we can hear clearly the words of the song even if we are doing our household chores like ironing clothes or fixing the fish nets of our Papa and other things to do. Our parents agreed.

My first cousin Rose, my favorite cousin who was 15 years older than me loves to sing too. One time when I was walking on the way to the beach late afternoon , as I was passing by her house on the way to the beach I heard her singing this song CRAZY. I stopped for a few moments listening to her. When she finished singing I yelled.
" Beautiful Song! Beautiful Voice !"
She went to the open window and replied. " I am trying to memorize the song Crazy. It is number 1 last week in the radio."
I replied " I try to listen tonight at 8 as I am in a hurry to harvest mussels at low tide for dinner. I go now !"

We said our goodbye. I continued walking and with my purpose of cooking mussels with coconut milk in the early evening and the tune of the song remained in my mind. I was not able to know the lyrics so I tried humming it with the wide ocean as my audience.

After dinner, everyone Thanked me as they love the coconut milk soup with the fresh mussels with it. It was my assignment to wash the dishes so while washing the dishes I announced to all" After washing the dishes I stay near the radio as I will write the lyrics of a very nice song."
My younger brother Jerey, the most inquisitive one with his big brown eyes asked" What Song? " Everybody wanted to know too about what was that song that I asked permission to stay near the radio. "CRAZY" I replied
. They all laughed. Jerey asked me, "CRAZY, as in are you crazy ? "
" Yes ! But I am not crazy." We all laughed . Mama listening to us said :
" I have the lyrics. Rose gave it to me a few hours ago, to give it to you. Sorry, I forgot. Wait. I have that piece of paper in my dress secret pocket".

Right then and there, I got the lyrics of the song. I grabbed it from the hands of Mama and kissed it.

" Thank You Mama. We will listen to this number one song 30 minutes from now."

We all gathered at our receiving room where the Avegon radio was placed on top of a small table. As the program started , it was still listed as the number 1 song. We all listened to Patsy Cline and after that I excused myself and proceed to my room where my guitar was hanged on the wall.

I started strumming the 🎸 guitar and singing softly many times until I was able to memorize the lyrics. Then I sang loudly with my guitar accompaniment. After singing, I had to open the door as my brothers Nelson and Jerey were knocking.

Jerey asked if he can use my guitar so I gave it to him. Nelson sang Crazy while Jerey strummed the guitar.
After that, Nelson said. " It is a beautiful song but no high notes that I love to give my all"
"I agree, but I love the song" I replied
Jerey said : "That song is for me because I love to sing songs with low pitch like the " Who break your heart? "
"YES ! " Nelson and me replied at the same time.
Then Jerey sang it while strumming the guitar. Nelson and me said ,
"Very nice for your voice! "
That song was very popular in our village that everyone wanted to have the lyrics and my brother Jerey, the most friendly Jerey made himself busy by writing it and gave it around.

I still love to sing the song nowadays as it reminds me of the precious camaraderie I had with my late cousin Rose and the sweetness attitude of my late brother Jerey.

I am going to write the lyrics here as a form of Documentary in loving memory of the people so close to my heart.

This song was written by Willie Nelson in the year 1961 and was popularized by Patsy Cline in the year 1968 when I was in my early teens.

I love this song and the memories it brought to my life.

CRAZY

Crazy, I'm crazy for feeling so lonely he
I am crazy, crazy for feeling so blue
I know, you love me as long as you
want me
And then someday, you'd leave me for
somebody new
Worry, Why do I let myself worry
Wondering what in the world did I do

Oh Crazy for thinking that my love
Will hold you
I'm crazy for crying
I'm crazy for trying
And I'm crazy for loving You.
And I'm crazy for loving you.


In memory of my loving cousin Rosalina Abenido and my dearest brother Jerey Vergara Abenido
Rest in Peace.Amen

I keep You in my heart.


© Copyright 2023 Naomi (akomagsusulat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2301959-The-Song-CRAZY-by-Patsy-Cline