*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302305-Hawaiis-LAHAINA
by Nadil
Rated: E · Article · News · #2302305
Hawaii's LAHAINA
Hawaii's LAHAINA (AP)

While the death toll on the Hawaiian island of Maui rose to at least 36, with an unknown number still missing, a search of the wildfire destruction revealed a wasteland of destroyed towns and landmarks that were burnt beyond recognition.

An aerial view of the historic Lahaina district saw entire communities that had once been a riot of color and island life reduced to gray ash. Rubble and burned foundations covered block after block, even along Front Street, where tourists had been dining and shopping only a few days earlier. The town, which goes back to the 1700s and is the largest community on the island's west side, had smoke hanging over it and burnt boats in the harbor.


Although many cities experience natural calamities, we still need one another despite our differences, prejudice, and other issues. Only respect and humanity can bind us together.

Just help. The method doesn't matter..even if it's a word
© Copyright 2023 Nadil (nadil at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2302305-Hawaiis-LAHAINA