*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303766-The-Sunglasses
by KimE
Rated: E · Draft · Writing · #2303766
I'll let the story speak for itself. It is stil rough draft. And I am looking to feedback.
         

In a small town near Pittsburgh, there was an older woman with long blonde hair. The hair was big in width as if she overdid it on the hair dryer. Rows of waves trickled around like a bird's nest. Her body was fairly thin but had some rolls on her hips. She always dresses mismatched or cozy. Not much of a fan to dress up. Lipgloss always shines on her lips. Everyday was a different color. And her eyes- well her sunglasses covered them. She never took them off. No matter the weather. People often wondered why. What was she hiding? Is it a hideous scar? Or was it a bruise from a former partner? Why does she also wear sunglasses?


The glasses cover half her face. Big and round. Dark green frame with black and blue shade on the lens. Glitter filled every inch of the frame. It wasn't the coolest or most trendy of sunglasses. It also never matched any outfit she wore. But this woman always wore them.


In her small town, all the neighbors knew her. They secretly called her the Wild Hair lady, but the woman was always nice and everyone was nice to her. One day the neighborhood kids always stopped and asked, "Miss, why do you wear those sunglasses when it is raining?"


She replied, "Because young boys or girls, they cover my eyes." And would continue to walk her way.


Her walk was always fun to watch. She'd go zig-zag but managed to never trip or bump into anything.


Her house was the only dark blue with white framing and in the middle of two rows on the block. Inside, it is tiny and much of a minimalist. She likes to keep it clean and tidy. She has many knick knacks of places she has traveled. The blonde woman loved sports, especially baseball. She'd imagine how the Yankees would play in her head while listening to the TV. She'd imagine Derek Jeter running all bases because he hit a homerun. She would cheer and fill her home with sound.


She also loved animals. Her last pet had passed away from a serious sickness and hadn't had the heart to adopt a new one. While on her mid day walk, she would hear the sounds of dog leashes and often reach her hands out when they are nearby. She likes how they sniff and give kisses.


It was on a sunny day when the accident happened. A car was speeding down a narrow road with rock music blasting from the bass. The driver had looked down on his phone for a split second because his girlfriend texted him.

The woman was crossing at the crosswalk when the car hit her. The car had flipped over as if he hit a giant speed bump.


When he opened his eyes- he saw the sunglass woman lying face down-covered in blood. Blood from her head dripped down and stained her blue shirt and black jeans
The driver was stuck and could not move.


The neighborhood gathered around the scene. One of them called 911.
The car windows were shattered. Objects surrounded the area. Amongst the mess we're big, dark green sunglasses. It was broken in pieces.


One kid asked, "Is she dead?"
Another kid noticed her sunglasses, picked it up and showed everyone.


They all gasped. A lady said, "But can she see?"
Another said, "Let's see."


The group got near the woman with the blonde, thick, crazy hair and lipgloss. And what they saw was a sight they never would forget. The woman has no eyes. The lids were shut as if her eyes never developed.


The woman was indeed blind and she wore sunglasses to cover her eyes.

© Copyright 2023 KimE (kesme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2303766-The-Sunglasses