*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306737-Betrayal-Of-Love
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #2306737
It can break the strongest of all hearts. - Maãlík
Started off so beautiful.

A dream come true:

Blossoming instantaneous connections between two souls on a parallel journey to divinity.

Pure souls that became tainted by the dark ugliness that this world has casted upon us.

Every moment was like being on cloud 9.

No drug could ever suffice to the feeling of euphoria you gave me whenever we were near one another.

Seeing a future with a wonderful woman that could last forever.

However, the bubble of love filled fantasy was bursted immediately.

The dissenters that came to separate us started to gather thoughts of doubt between the two of us.

Thinking you'd be a loose girl out here giving up the sacred essence to every person walking.

I had a feeling it was the truth.

& there I was talking to folks I thought I could trust,

Only for them to bring back lies of what they "claimed" I said about you.

Causing so much friction...............

So much miscommunication.............

So much misunderstandings of who were are as individuals.

I didn't wanna be manipulated or taken advantage of by the one girl who I placed all of my trust into.

A foolish choice, indeed.

You didn't want to be sexually abused once again by a man who you thought was posing as just an innocent being.

Untrusting of the opposite sex, due to so many bad experiences.

The amount of hurt that lied in our hearts, made it hard for us to look past it & see what truly matters:

Love.

But love can't change a person. Love can't pay bills. Love can't stop others from wanting to destroy the relationship.

& love can indeed kill.

The same objective you had when we argued through digital interface.

Placed in a category of a man who succeed in his unwanted sexual advances towards you.

That sent me on a downward spiral of sadness that left me feeling more alone than I was prior to meeting you.

Who would've thought that the person that I've placed all my love, trust, sanity, & truth into,

Would plot to hurt me over a misunderstanding?

All over a rumor that is still unclear if it was true or not?

& even now, when us two loving beings are on good terms,

The closure was never given on my end to truly heal from the pain.

Surrounding individuals around us wanting to protect you sided with you as if I was your enemy in your first place.

A crazy turn of events, as I would've never done any of the things to you, that were casted upon me, shawty.

The expectation of reciprocated love from the wrong person, instead of seeing you for who you really were,

Is something I have to take responsibility for.

Talking to individuals who only wanted to spark drama that would further divide us,

Mistaking individuals who cared more about looking cool, than being honorable & truthful,

Is something I had to learn so I can have better discernment.

You tell me love is never lost, but on my end, it was already eradicated.

I miss you, but only the good moments we once had between the two of us.

I refuse to disrespect myself by trying to keep the peace & become "friends" with a person I loved dearly.

Though we don't speak, hug, or look into each other's eyes, I know that you can still feel me.

You feel my goodness on them nights when you're laid up with a man you think you love with all your heart.

You feel my realness when you have the discussions with folks who have no true substance.

You feel my peace when you're caught in the middle of a chaotic disaster of your own creation.

Hoping to have a person with my being that can rescue you from it all.

But the reality: The Betrayal Of Love can cause any connection of anyone to fall.

I still always wish you well in the end.

- Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306737-Betrayal-Of-Love