*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305964-2025-Gynarchy-Part-5-The-Wife
Rated: E · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #2305964
This is a possible scenario should a female government reverse the roles of the sexes.
Georgette stood and looked around as he considered life now with this new government as opposed to the Patriarchy that it destroyed. A life where there were fewer rules and people had more enjoyment.

Georgette had gotten used to living as a new-age wife and being ruled by Amanda, his wife. She was laid back and only did what was required as she felt like a hypocrite since guys had more rules and wore stuff she never wore when the roles were traditional. Some women didn't care, but she did.

He had gotten used to the tug of his garters as they pulled against his stocking tops, reminding him he was only a girl by Gynarchy Law and that he would never again have a position of authority or even feel clothing forbidden to males, like denim and leather, except to wash and dry it for his female guardian. Something women felt in times past and now has a whole new meaning for him and other males. What they esteemed sexy was oppression, embarrassment, and belittling for males. But, the radical feminists who planned this government and brought it to pass before people's eyes, hated men and longed to embarrass and belittle them once they took control.

Amanda was amazed at how naturally George, now Georgette, became a wife and handled what used to be called "women's work" and made it look easy. She seldom had to help with anything in the house and Georgette had a system down where he could clean the house and still have time to sit in the harem garden with his friend Sam, who now was called Samantha. His wife Kelly was easygoing as well and felt Samantha and Georgette should be able to visit. They both made sure the gate between the two harem gardens was unlocked. Both women thought they looked charming in their 50s housewife attire. They would laugh at how the guys showed them up with things they couldn't fathom, like keeping stocking seams straight, sitting so they didn't wrinkle their skirts, and never complained about, or had trouble being veiled full-time, seven days a week.

Georgette picked up his laundry basket. He looked around at the chain link fencing which made up the walls and ceiling of his world, reinforced with welded steel fittings instead of the bolted ones. The grass was nice and the all-female landscaping crew kept the harem garden nice. The fruit trees provided fruit in season, and sometimes Samantha and Kelly would join Amanda and him in the harem garden to laugh at this new lifestyle and eat freshly picked fruit.

He went back inside to his half of the house, still safely contained, and locked away out of sight to most women. They wouldn't risk what they called an abomination when a male was seen in society. For the most part, burkas did their job in public, when a female took her male to town, and the barred and latticed widows helped to create and ensure a society void of the sight of anything male, masculine, aggressive, or showing the slightest hint of a threat to females.

Georgette cleaned the bathroom just like he did every day. He had a style down so that he could have it spotless in just a few minutes. There wasn't the slightest hint of dust, mold behind the toilet, or spots on the mirror. He paid attention to make sure everything was stocked in each of the two bathrooms, the free side, and the harem side, bathrooms.

Georgette vacuumed the carpets, making sure to get the corners and harder spots like under the bed, and around various dressers and such. He swept the wooden flooring and applied a spray-on polish which would dry soon. it was applied with his spray mop and evenly coated across the floor.

Finally, he was done with housework for one day. He would do other tasks according to his chart. Amanda didn't want to alter his chart as the house was cleaner than when she kept the house, and she liked it. Kelly felt the same about how Samantha kept their house. Neither really cared about Gynarchy or women ruling. They felt the power-hungry women would use it to feel important, but they just wanted to live their lives and leave other people alone.

Georgette drew out four boneless pork chops and started them. Then he started making mashed potatoes. He preferred to peel his potatoes fresh instead of using boxed potatoes. They were okay, but Samantha was bringing over Jello, potato salad, and deviled eggs, and they would eat at Georgette and Amanda's house tonight. Kelly would come over from the front as usual and Samantha would come over through the harem gardens. The dining table was large enough to seat two on both sides of the barred dividing wall which had openings large enough to pass plates and cups through, but not large enough for a person to come through. The construction company that installed it was known for making some of the most secure harems in the state.

Georgette watched Samantha enter. Housework was done, and now it was time to take it easy and just talk and have a good time with neighbors. They set the table and finished the meal as Kelly and Amanda came in on the "free" side of the house.

It had been a good day.


Georgette - Amanda
Samantha - Kelly
© Copyright 2023 Novice Author (francinec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2305964-2025-Gynarchy-Part-5-The-Wife