*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306346-Oct-NaNo-Prep-challenge-11
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2306346
As stated above
What would drive a person or a group to travel back in time and change their history? What would make all possible consequences seem insignificant against doing nothing?

Facing extinction would be a powerful motivator. In the case of Jon Smith, the Earth was in danger of becoming unlivable. The plan, generations in the making, would secure the Earth's salvation if the Earth became unlivable. One last Hail Mary to get over the goal line so to speak. However, he had altered history but nothing really changed. Why?... Jon Smith was not in the past to change the hearts and minds of humanity but to save them in case of the inevitable.

In the case of the eight member team, they had assumed Jon Smith's plan had failed and made a plan of their own. The same questions apply in this scenario. There was nothing to lose and everything to gain. Why did they grant eight teenagers the knowledge of the future? Young people can store more memory than those older than them. Any younger and the maturity to bear such a responsibility would not be there. Why girls? They tend to mature faster than boys.
© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306346-Oct-NaNo-Prep-challenge-11