*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306337-Oct-10-assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2306337
As stated above
In the creation of a novel, all authors struggle with how the story will start, where it will go and in what order. This is especially true with a series of which this will be my first attempt. At first, all I had were ideas jumbled together which confused many whom I had spoken to about it.

In the first run of assignments, I focused on a character named Jon Smith who had been raised in vigorous training of both the body and mind. He quickly became a child genius with strength and stamina to match. His parents being loving but secretive.

On one faithful day, he discovered blueprints to what could only be a time machine specifically designed to be built within the family mansion home. It was then his parents revealed that his family had been obsessed with saving the world for generations. That and an experiment meant to change them had instead changed Jon, making him truly immortal. He was the key to Earth’s future.

To the assignment, Jon had multiple conflicting thoughts and emotions regarding what his parents had planned for him.

What made them decide that they could determine his fate? Was he even ready for such a task? What would going back into time to do their present? How many people would change or even cease to exist due to decisions he makes while on this quest?

Although filled with doubts, the time machine was constructed just in time for the realization that the Earth was doomed and any change would be better than the current present time.

Upon arriving deep into the past, Jon discovered long lost and forgotten technology that could have saved the future if not lost so fought to preserve it as he moved through time to complete his task.

As decades turned into centuries, Jon realized that his quest had brought the human race into digital age when they were supposed to be still using wind powered sailing ships.

Seeing the progress mankind was making, Jon realized that he and his offspring may have saved the Earth without the need of the complex machine they had constructed. He began to see hope for the Earth.
****************************************************************

Upon reaching the end of the first week, I discovered that the series would do better if I start with what I had originally considered for the second book.

Now, a character named Chris Terry falls ill under mysterious circumstances. She is examined by their family doctor who wrote into her records that it was all in her mind but privately told her that she is more than perfectly healthy. Old scars had vanished, blood work showed a highly aggressive immune system, eyesight is better than any human alive.

Chris then discovered that those within her small circle of friends had also become sick under the same mysterious circumstances with the same results at the same time. Further investigation revealed that a number of substitute teachers who had taken the place of regular teachers worked at a hotel they had all gone to on the same day. These teachers had taken the place of teacher who had mysteriously become ill at the same time and were assigned to the positions in less than an hour later.

These teachers then revealed that they were time travelers who had selected Chis and her friends to bring technology to 1980 in hopes it will save the Earth.

Why us, why now? We are just teenagers, who would listen to us? Why make us so completely healthy? Why put so much knowledge into our heads? Why not task some adults?

Their perfect health mysterious involvement of teachers with no identity reached the ears of the press. The teenagers stated that they were making a musical hence there really was no conspiracy story to tell. Only that committed them to do just that.

The musical, though quickly pulled together, took the state by storm followed by the country and then the world, creating a movement to save the planet. The knowledge placed into their minds caught the attention of inventors, big tech companies, etc.
A rich oligarch saw the popular musical as a threat to his company and wealth. He set out to try to stop the musical at all costs, moving the band of teenagers to press on, stronger than before.


© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306337-Oct-10-assignment