*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306359-Are-You-Going-To-Wear-That
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2306359
Entry for the October 11 2023 Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
James sat on the bed, his heart racing. It was the first morning of the school trip and the hostel in which they were staying was slowly coming to life. Time was running out and a decision had to be made. His friend Ralph had called when he'd been packing for the trip, and James had wondered what he had been grinning at yesterday as they had turned up at the school ready to leave. But now, looking at what Ralph had hidden at the bottom of his bag, James was finally in on the big joke.

He felt sick with fear at what would happen if anyone found out what he had in his luggage. No-one had any business looking in his things, but he knew what a class of fifteen year olds were like. Respect for privacy was far from guaranteed. And who knew what type of people the hostel employed? He would have to keep it with him to ensure it didn't get discovered, but how could he possibly manage that for the next two weeks? How could he possibly keep it concealed? His stomach lurched as he realised there was only one answer to that question.

He didn't have time to come up with an alternative plan. Ralph was now awake and sitting up in bed smirking at him. James glared at him, picked up the offending item and, to Ralph's barely concealed delight, headed off to the bathroom before anyone else woke up to witness the drama. He looked at himself in the mirror, appalled, asking himself "Are you going to wear that?" But he had no choice.

With shaking hands he took off his trousers and, grimacing with distaste, reluctantly stepped into his mother's panty girdle...

word count: 292
© Copyright 2023 Dave Ryan (daveryan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306359-Are-You-Going-To-Wear-That