*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306366-The-Universe-for-lack-of-better-words
Rated: E · Column · Community · #2306366
Contaminated Life?

Looking up at the stars on a dark night is the closest thing to God for me. I am an agnostic at best and on my bad days I don’t believe in anything whatsoever.

But I am in awe when thinking of the Universe with all the stars, and planets, with the mystery and the not-knowing, with the efforts of mankind to explore what’s out there. It’s huge, and it’s mind-boggling.

We, as a species of this planet don’t look after our legacy. We destroy our environment and now, with all the atrocities in the Middle East are as far from peace and harmony as ever before.

That makes me very worried. That makes me anxious.

Our role in the Universe is dubious. We cannot live together in peace, what will that do to our efforts to see what’s out there in that void with those sparkling pickles?

Sometimes, in my darkest thoughts, I feel we are doomed. As long as we are here on this planet we have had wars and strife. To think that we export all that hate into other places in the Milky Way brings me to my knees.

We have one planet to deal with, to play with, to look after, and we blew it. What harm can we do to other places in the Universe? We already pollute, we already filled the dark void between the Moon and the Earth with satellites and scrap.

We have done harm to ourselves and our planet and we continue to do so outside the planet.

That’s what I think although I am in favor of Space Programs and exploration of what’s out there. We will continue to do so despite the mess we are making on this Earth. Men want to expand, explore, and go further. I know this and I understand this.

But it makes me a worried human being thinking about what our place as a species is in the grand scheme of things.

The Universe is a mother’s womb and our planet with the human race is like contaminated life. Will we ever be a healthy and responsible child?

I fear!


WC: 362

Shared First Place "Share Your Faith [13+] October 2023
© Copyright 2023 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306366-The-Universe-for-lack-of-better-words