*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306408-A-New-Love
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2306408
When love calls. There is nothing that can stop it.
He knew he shouldn’t have gone in. But it called to him.
No, it did not call to him.
She called to him.
Small, sleek, and with those gorgeous big honey brown eyes. She stared at him with love, demanding his attention. He did not want to, but her cries literally brought him to his knees.
Riley knelt as she, Lola, desperately scratched at the window of her prison. She meowed.
NO! You can’t. Not after Potter!
His heart broke a little. It was years ago that Riley had had a pet. He never wanted to love again but Lola made him think twice. He strolled around the pet store, trying to avoid Lola. Tried to make sense of this desire to adopt her. He wanted to run, leave and never return. He could not allow himself to love another furball!
As he walked out the store Riley could not help himself and stare back at the window where the kitten cried out. They made eye contact, she cried and scratched desperately with her small black paws, pink nubs pounding at the glass.
“Stop looking at me.”
With one final meow of despair, she had won. Lola had stolen his heart.
I am so sorry Potter! Riley thought as he signed the papers and brought her home.
Riley felt guilty. Was he replacing Potter’s love? Would he be upset with him? Did I make a mistake? Riley wondered.
But as Lola laid curled on his lap later that night, he knew that everything was going to be all right. He suddenly felt complete.



WC: 263
© Copyright 2023 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306408-A-New-Love