*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306602-Key-Inheritance-Theme
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2306602
Assignment 16 NaNoWriMo Prep
The general theme and/or moral of the story is that it is all up to us, individuals, groups and organizations to protect this planet from our own never ending hunger for energy, money and power. All of it equals to nothing if there is no air to breathe, no water to drink and no food to eat. We do not have the technology to just leave for another world or go back in time to make things right. We have one shot, just one and we are running out of time.

The Earth has but one rule, just one... Change with me or perish.

The world the main character lives in is an alternate 1980. No one other than her and her tight circle of friends can sense this. The unsettling feeling that everything around you is just somehow off in one way or another had caused them all to become shy and inwardly drawn. It is their shared uncertainty that cements their bond with each other. The main character is kind but chooses her friends carefully. The same is for the friends she surrounds herself with.

A few examples of this altered world is people complaining that bridges cost too much despite lasting decades without need for repair. Fiber Optics discovered during manufacturing of flexible glass for buildings that bent rather than broke.
© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306602-Key-Inheritance-Theme