*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306606-NaNoWriMo-assignment-17
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #2306606
As stated above
My novel takes place in an altered 1980 due to Jon Smith going back into the past in a complex quest to save the planet.

This society believes that color is not a factor in anything with the exception of description. Discrimination still exists only it is based upon region such as Middle Eastern, North or South in America or other political rivalries young and old; this discrimination swings both ways.

Religion remains mostly unchanged with the exception of swift, silent accountability for wrongdoers within their ranks.

The same is said with heads of state with the exception of transparency to save face for the given political party.

There is still corruption within the government and those enforcing the law only being caught in the act by the vigilant citizens is considered career ending for said official. Voters watch those they vote for and enforce the law carefully…

Laws remain mostly unchanged with a few different problems. For example, Pharmaceutical companies make non-addictive drugs to make illegal drugs insignificant. (or so they claim)


Many technologies lost to time play a significant role in this altered time. For example, Roman concrete is used and perfected over time. Bridges and buildings last for decades and can be easily retrofitted for nearly any business. Technology is closer to our year 2000.

For this world, it is accepted as normal. Only to the main character and her friends, it is a world that seems as if it had been placed over one they can sense but can not see.
© Copyright 2023 Scifiwizard Retired (scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306606-NaNoWriMo-assignment-17