*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306673-Review-of-a-book
by Mariha
Rated: E · Review · Reviewing · #2306673
Before the coffee gets cold
A timeless story exploring an indefinite human emotion:Regret. It talks about four people who traveled through time. A seat at a cafe called Funiculi Funicula that allows you to travel through time but is constrained by four to five rules. The main rule is whether you traveled through the past or future, you really can't change the past or future and you need to return to the present before the coffee served to you gets cold.
Each of us has some important people in our lives. Sometimes we don't realize the precious moments we spend with them. Only after we lose them, we regret our mistakes. And we think that if only there is any magic or a way we could go to the past or future, we would have changed our actions. This book taught me that we always should cherish those moments we spend with our loved ones because life is full of surprises.
Some of the quotes from the book:
"We can never truly see into the hearts of others. When people get lost in their own worries, they can be blind to the feelings of those most important to them."
"Emotions also seem to according to gravity. When in the presence of someone with whom you have a bond and to whom you have entrusted your feelings, it is hard to lie and get away with it. It is much easier to conceal sadness from a stranger or from someone you don't trust."
"Seasons flow in a cycle
Life too, passes through difficult winters.
But after any winter, spring will follow."

© Copyright 2023 Mariha (mariha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306673-Review-of-a-book