*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306969-The-Reason-I-Write
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #2306969
Come read about the reasoning to all my writings! - Maalik
         Writing has been an integral part of my life since I was extremely little. I've never been one for talking that much until very recently. Writing has helped me to express myself in ways that speaking just hasn't been able to. I write because I am truly compelled to. I literally can't NOT write. Just as I can't NOT make music. I am a creator at heart, so it is in me to want to create more than I consume. Writing has also opened up many doors of opportunity for me. Both personally, and in real life, writing has assisted me in closing the gap of a potential bridge between me & other people so we can connect on a higher level. All of my mentors, role models, & greatest inspirations have informed me on the benefits of writing, so it truly encourages me to write more & more. I also love to write, cause I love to showcase what I've created to others. One of the rules of purpose, is to have your purpose serve mankind in a positive way; I feel that me writing is serving mankind by showing readers my style of writing, which is writing in truth & unfiltered expression. It's important for me to get my truth out in the most authentic way possible. However, I do so without disrupting the privacy of those involved. Each one of my poems is based on true events that have transpired in my life, and out of respect for those individuals, I keep their names out of my writing material. I have a high sense of integrity and honor, so that's important to me.

         Writing is also just a lot of fun. I don't take writing so serious to the point to where I feel the need to have the next best selling piece of material. Especially on a site like Writing.com. It's supposed to be enjoyable, so I treat it as such. Writing DOES also give me a sense of professionalism and work ethic that helps me to stay disciplined. I like to actually write with pencil & paper, but writing on my laptop and phone is just a faster way for me to get out my creativity. As a curse & a blessing of being a musical artist, my best work often comes when I'm going through something that is emotionally painful or too great to verbally express. It just brings out a level of creativity that you normally wouldn't get when things are going well in life. Maybe it's because the emotional expression you feel when creating something meaningful to you makes you want to bring out the very best for that piece. All I know is, I embrace it with full force. No one who writes should EVER hold back the feelings they want to express to the world. Whether they understand or not, is none of your concern. Just that you can create it, and you're free to do so. That's the philosophy I follow when I write.

         Writing also has gotten me in contact with other amazing writers who critique me so I can write better. One of the main critiques I've gotten is the use of the ampersand. I love using it, cause it's WAY faster than writing the word "and" down. I guess it's frowned upon amongst writers. I'mma continue to use it, though! All jokes aside, writing has assisted me in organizing not only my thoughts, but my life. There aren't many folks I can count on in life, but one thing I can ALWAYS count on, is the freedom & ability to write out whatever I'm going through. I've recently gotten into writing documentaries, as it's more long form. This requires more time to sit down, gather information, & display it accurately on my canvas, however. I love that pressure, & I rise up to the challenge. It's important for me to always take on a new challenge I'm interested in, so I can prove to myself that I am capable of writing ANYTHING, which I know I am. I simply have to prove it. & you're capable, too! I'm so glad that Writing.com exists. It's WAY better than any other writing medium I've used: Wattled, Medium, etc. Writing.com is short, sweet, & to the point. I have to honor The Story Master & The Story Mistress, for creating such a wonderful site for ALL writers!

Sincerely,

Maãlík
© Copyright 2023 Maãlík (loneplayboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2306969-The-Reason-I-Write