*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307243-The-Answer
Rated: E · Essay · Spiritual · #2307243
How Do We Stop Violence?
In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit. (Judges 21:25)



As soon as I read those words, my first reaction was, “Just like today. “Unfortunately, our King, Jesus Christ, seems to be less and less important in many people's lives today.

My impression of the book of Judges is that “everyone was killing everyone out of revenge. And unfortunately, that’s what’s still happening today with mass shootings. It’s terrifying to realize that when people don’t get their way or are reeling from being bullied or angered, Their immediate reaction is: “I'll get even with them”. It's disturbing to think that violence is the answer to some people's problems. My son, who helps young people deal with anxiety and stress has often said: “We’ll never critique a system that we aren’t prepared to build a working alternative to”.

As a Christian, the working alternative to violence is Jesus Christ...and each other. Unless we come together and be the example for anyone at any age to know peace through non-violent means, we will never stop living “as everyone sees fit”.



God’s Promise:


Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

Father, please heal our country. I pray this in the name of Jesus.
© Copyright 2023 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307243-The-Answer