*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307633-Fear-Not
Rated: E · Prose · Spiritual · #2307633
We Are Not Alone
Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him." (1 Samuel 1:17)


“One woman had the faith to turn aside from her critics, take her case straight to God, and be her most vulnerable self before Him. What great gift, miraculous answer, or deep wisdom awaits us when we are willing to do the same". (Excerpt from The Women of the Bible Speak -Bream page 114-Hannah)

Unlike Hannah who had no hesitation in bringing her request and pain to God, asking for help is something I’ve never been comfortable with .... not even from God. There are times when He seems too powerful to approach. Or my problem seems too small, and I think I should be able to deal with it on my own.

In the Women of the Bible Speak Workbook, the question was asked, “What does God reveal about Himself and His character in the life of Hannah?” I answered, “His love and faithfulness”. That faithfulness He revealed to Hannah so long ago is still there. He is the same today as He was in Hannah’s time. I don’t think God sees our problems as “big” or “small”. I think He sees us. I think He hurts when we hurt, and His compassion is revealed.

Am I willing to approach God even though I know that He’s aware of what’s going on in my life? Definitely. I should approach and ask, not so much to expect an immediate solution, but to let Him know that I trust Him, and my heart is open to receive His wisdom and answer in His time and in His Way.

God's Promise

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. (Psalm 32:8)


Father, thank you for your guidance. Help me to not be afraid to go to You trusting that You will never lead me astray. I praise and worship You in the name of Jesus.
© Copyright 2023 lbidler (lbidler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307633-Fear-Not