*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307513-Sad-marriage
Rated: E · Article · Activity · #2307513
How all went about
Eleven o'clock struck on the church clock as I pulled into the gravel parking lot. I knew exactly what I was going to say, so I stepped out of my car, locked the doors, and headed for the front entrance of the church. The church doors were flung open, inviting me to come inside and find the love of my life.

It had been months since I'd attended this church. Back then, I'd come here in search of someone, anyone, to love me. But today, I had a different purpose in mind. Today, I was here to give.

As I made my way down the aisle, I could feel the energy in the air. This was a wedding day, a day filled with love, happiness, and excitement. And today, I was about to add a little something extra to this wonderful event.

The bride, resplendent in her ivory gown, was waiting for her groom at the altar. As the music began to play, the groom walked down the aisle towards his beautiful bride.

It was at that moment, when the couple's eyes met for the first time, that I made my move. I gently pulled the groom aside and whispered a few words in his ear.

The groom looked at me, shocked and confused, but before he could say anything, I was gone. I'd come here today to make a difference in someone's life, and it seemed that my plan was working out just as I'd hoped.

I couldn't help but smile as I made my way out of the church. This day had been full of surprises, but one thing was for sure - the groom was going to have the best day of his life.

The following day, the newspapers were filled with stories about the groom who showed up to his wedding alone, without his best man or groomsmen. Everyone was buzzing about the mysterious woman who'd given the groom a heartfelt and impassioned speech before the ceremony began.

Of course, I had to admit to myself that my intentions were not entirely altruistic. There was a small part of me that felt a pang of jealousy every time I saw a couple so in love. I'd come to the realizations
© Copyright 2023 John (jboyn1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2307513-Sad-marriage