*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309164-The-Bathroom-Portal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2309164
You open the bathroom door...anything can happen.
The crackling of the speaker jolted me from my nap.
“Kenny?, Kenny?...you there?”
“Yep, right here.” I replied, stifling a yawn.
“There’s absolutely nothing here, are you sure you gave me the right directions?” the garbled voice asked.
“Let me see, I’ll go through them again. Stop me if you hear something you didn’t do:
Second street on the left?”
“Check” I heard, faintly.
“Third building, second floor?” I relayed.
“Oh no, I’m in the second building, third floor. I will go back out and get to the right place and call you back.”
“Roger that!” I said and waited while trying not to fall asleep again.

The static woke me up before the voice.
“OK Kenny I’m here, where to now?”
“Go into the door marked Todo para Navidad, it’s a restaurant. Sit down and order a hot chocolate with peppermint sprinkles with extra whipped cream.” I told him. “Once the waitress or waiter leaves to get your order go to the bathroom.” I relayed the instructions as they were written.
“Are you sure? This is different from last year?” the voice whispered.
“Yes, people move sir. I’m reading the instructions word for word.” I told him.
“The waitress left, you said I go to the bathroom? He asked for reassurance.
“Yeah, I know it sounds weird, just do it, sir, for everyone’ sake.” I prodded.
“Ok, I’m walking down a dark hallway and I’m almost there, this just seems so unnatural.” he said. “I’m turning the knob.”
“Ok sir! Everything is ready!” I relayed.
The instant he opened the door, everyone knew. The silver bells were ringing, the Christmas carols were playing, the presents were wrapped and the trees were decorated. Santa had burst through the door and kicked off the joys of Christmas!
“Well done, Sir!”
“Merry Christmas to all and to all, a good night!” I heard as I turned off my radio and enjoyed the festivities.

© Copyright 2023 JoABuilder (joabuilder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2309164-The-Bathroom-Portal