*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310663-The-princess-and-the-guard
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Young Adult · #2310663
pt 2 and onward
Pt. 2

Caiden woke up severely hungover.

He didn't even remember how he got this way.

He sighed as he checked his phone, the time and the date.

It was noon on December 22ncd. The day he met his first client at this big royal ball. He knew nothing except that his client was royalty and they had already picked a tuxedo for him.

Caiden was glad he didn't have to go shop for himself. Shopping was not one of his best hobbies. Now, college kept him busy with classes and hockey practice, and now he was a royal bodyguard, too.

He looked around his apartment, lit up with afternoon light. Caid would be moving into the Evergarden palace soon, so most of his belongings were packed up already. He would miss these grey walls. For his last year of college, he would be staying in a freaking palace.

If you had told 18-year-old Caiden that, he would've laughed in your face.

Caiden got out of his bed after a minute, stretched for a bit, and walked to his bathroom, turning on the shower and jumping in after a minute, taking in the pale tile of the shower beneath his feet and the freshly painted blue walls. Memories of last night finally clouded up to him. He had lost his hockey game and had taken out his disappointment on a bottle of Stella from under his bed.

Caiden stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around his waist, and then looked in the mirror. He looked good, as usual. Caids' brown hair was wavy and half down his neck, and deep brown eyes stared back at himself in the mirror. Caiden had hard, perfect abs from grueling training and muscular arms and legs.

Caiden was born a hard worker. Always pushed himself as hard as he could to make it through school. It was his mother's dream for him to get both his bachelor's and master's degrees.

He finally got dressed in grey sweats and a black sweatshirt and looked out of the wall made of glass that was facing the city. It was snowing and the city glowed under the cloudy afternoon sky with Christmas lights and snow piling gently everywhere. Caiden loved winter. Best season in his opinion.

The hours dragged by. Caid got a call from the palace saying that he should be leaving right now to get ready. 2 minutes later, He was speeding downtown in his white Hellcat Challenger.

Caiden finally reached the palace. "Damn, it's giant." He thought out loud.

He pulled into a large circle driveway and tossed his keys to a valet, his white and black Jordan ones crunching on the snow as a servant guided him to his new room. Also extremely large, Complete with a red velvet and dark wood four-poster bed in the center of the room, lavish carpet, and a large bathroom. Caid then noticed a tuxedo hanging from a closet. It was emerald green, complemented with gold cuff links and a bow tie of the same emerald green. He whistled. It had to cost at least a thousand dollars. The ball began at 7 o'clock, sharp.

Caid checked the time. It was 5:30 pm.

He groaned as he kicked off his shoes and flopped onto his bed, basking in how comfortable it was. Caid stayed there till' 6:00 before he began getting ready. Caiden changed out of his casual clothes and threw them onto his bed. He gently put on his ironed white dress shirt and his emerald pants, as well as his blazer in the same color.

Caiden moved to his jacket and gingerly put it on, careful not to rumple the smooth material.

He checked the clock. It was 6:50. 10 minutes.

Someone knocked on his door just then. "Come in," Caiden answered.

A young lady came in, stating to follow her to the ballroom this instant. By the looks of her, she was a servant or something. She quietly led him to the ballroom, where the time was now 6:55. "Dinner will be first, then everyone will dance. I trust you can find your seat?" The servant said, gesturing to a large easel with a seating chat on it. Caiden looked for his name and found it on...

Table 1.

Right next to Sasha Evergarden, King Evergarden, and Queen Evergarden, and 5 other names.
Chantelle, Keisha, Holland, Lily and Zara.

The only thing Caiden did was sigh. Hopefully, then he'd find out who his client was.

He proceeded to find his seat at table one, where 6 very pretty girls and the King and Queen sat. The only girl who did catch his eye tho, was the one next to him. Caiden snuck a glance while servants poured whine and plates of salad were set in front of everyone. The king stood up in his chair and tapped his fork on his glass. The ballroom quieted.

The king then began his speech. "Welcome to the Evergardens' Annual Winter Ball. I hope we have a wonderful evening with good food and dancing, but I would like to say some words first." King Evergarden stated to the huge silent room. As the king began again, Caiden looked at the huge, open space. How the gold and maroon and green swirled on the walls, the ceiling, the carpeted floor. It seemed like every color that had ever been deemed lavish and luxurious was in this one room. A blizzard roared outside and Caiden suddenly had nothing on his mind except for the beauty of this room.

Caiden was slapped back into reality as the king boomed, "And I hope you all have a wonderful evening!"

Conversation and noise picked back up in the ballroom.

The Queen spoke up. "So Caiden. I think you've been wondering who you'll be guarding tonight." Caiden nodded, eager for an answer. "We'll, here she is." A different voice said. His eyes followed to right next to him. It was Sasha? Ok...

"Lovely to meet you, Caiden. My name is Sasha Evergarden, I am the girl you'll be... babysitting." She snarled at her mother.

Caiden nodded and suddenly couldn't help himself. He looked her over. Not taller than 5'6, with smooth and lovely caramel skin, her hair was put up into a slicked-backed bun and her eyes were a deep emerald color like her dress and his tuxedo.

He smiled softly and began talking to her. He low-key loomed over her with his tall 6'2. "You can call me Caid if you'd like, I don't mind either of them."

"Good to know," Sasha said as she finished her salad.

Soon, everyone had finished their salad and then moved on to the next course.

A large, roasted bird was set on their table and parts of it were served.
Caiden's eyes widened as he took a bite. It was the best thing he had ever tasted, Plus they served it with linguini alfredo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soon, It was 11 p.m. and people began filing out. After a night of dancing, talking, and drinking, Caiden was spent.

But that didn't mean he didn't want to go to a strip club and get even more drunk, tired, and possibly laid. Caiden walked to his room and quickly got out of his tux, into his sweatshirt and sweatpants and air forces, and called his friend, Cameron.

"Hey Cam," Caid spoke into his phone. "What's up," Cameron said dryly. "Ay, you trying to go to The Fallen Angel?"

"Always and forever, man," Cam said. "Meet you there at 12?"

"See you there," Caiden said and proceeded to speed on home to his apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pt. 3 (Or chapter 3, it doesn't matter)

Sasha practically ran to her room. Her... Side job was on in an hour. It was 11, and Chantelle also worked at the same time as she did. Thank God, She had been born with thick, enormous curves, or else she had no idea how she could've gotten this job. The rest of her friends went home and Sasha and Chantelle went to her room and decided what to wear. Chantelle decided that since they both worked the floor tonight and were partners in most things they do, They should match.

Since it was winter, Chantelle Chose a white pair of Demonia Cubby 311s and Sasha chose a border-line short white dress that you had to lace up in the front to expose as much as possible. They got dressed and were soon walking out of the palace, their hair flowing down their backs, out of the tight buns they were in for the ball. They got into Sashas' pretty little white Porsche.

Speeding toward The Fallen Angel, blasting rap music felt like they were 16 again. Laughing, smiling, and whipping around in Sasha's car.
Soon, they arrived and parked, giggling as they hopped out and flashed their IDs to the guards in front.

Sasha and Chantelle rushed to the room they rented that was backstage and set their bags down, took their coats off, and breathed in the perfumed air, sighing. The room was neat and tidy, with a king-sized bed and a bathroom. It was more of a suite than a room. Two large vanities with mirrors sat against the wall, groaning under all the skincare, makeup, and perfume that was Chantelle and Sashas. Suddenly, as they were touching up their hair and had finished getting ready, the DJ announced them. They scurried out to behind the door that led to the flat on the ground stage that was in the middle of the room. Walking out side-by-side together, Sasha and Chantelle caught the room's entire attention. Men catcalled and complimented them. "YeYeYe!" Someone called out to them and Sasha's eyes followed to...

Oh. My. God.

Caiden. Sitting there in a tight white tank top, grey sweatpants, and black and white Jordan 1s.

God, he was fucking hot.

She watched with a smirk as his face dropped with recognition. His eyes widened and his hands, full of one-dollar bills, stilled. All he could do for now was stare and try to hide his obvious boner.

Sasha and Chantelle walked confidently, swaying onto the flat stage in the center. They looked at each other, both had noticed Caiden. They smirked and followed through with their routine, enjoying every second of the way dollar bills rained down on her and Chantelle, winking at guys left and right. Soon, they were done and walking off the stage. Sasha heard footsteps behind her and... It was Caiden.

Following them into their room.

And for some reason, Sasha didn't stop him.

Sasha turned around and suddenly slammed into a wall as she entered into her room. In fact, it was a 6-foot-2 wall of pure muscle.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck." Caiden's clipped words came out steely and sounding worried as hell. "What do you mean?" Sasha snapped. "I do what I need for money and so do you. And laid if I'm lucky."

"I have to tell your parents, or you quit," Caiden said, his resting expression calm and composed now.

"No." Sasha said firmly. "I will not quit, and you won't tell my parents."

"Then we're going to have to come to an agreement," Caiden said with a smirk.

And suddenly, Sasha knew exactly what he wanted.

_-----------------------------------_----------------------------------------_------------------------------------------------_-----------------------------------------_--------



© Copyright 2023 Cadence (roseredblooms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2310663-The-princess-and-the-guard